If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Solomons Island, Md

Question for Hampton Roads Boys

What can you guys tell me about home prices in Willoughby. Every time Iím in that area I look down at Willoughby from I-64 and think it would be a cool place to live. Itís kind of like a beach town stuck right in the middle of a big city. When I was a kid I remember my Dad and me visiting a friend of his who had a beach-front place (facing I-64) in Willoughby. At the time, both my Dad and he were mid-level Navy Officers so I know his friend was not rolling in money. But that was in the early 70ís Whatís it like now? Thereís a chance I could move to that area.

Donzi33ZX Gold Member BryanTuvell's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Donzi 33ZX
    Suffolk, VA
    29 OutLaw.. I am a navy officer, been here in the navy/Hampton Roads area for over 20 years, never left. That area years ago when I was a pup was ratty, nasty and problems (great tit bars though), today, the city and many private folks have bought up all the property and they have completely renovated it, not every square inch, granted, but in the next ten years the $400 a month apartments will join the $200 to $300 Thousand per price of waterfront/waterfront area property. Some are already completed by blocks, some are not, some will take years. Many need waterside dock work BAD!
    The OceanView area has changed dramatically.

Would I move there now? No, in 5 to 10 more years yes.

What is your budget for waterfront area in Hampton Roads?
    There are better places for now...
    2008 F350 SWD 4x4 6.3 PSD + Donzi 33ZX
    Performance on and off the water!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member TomZ's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 242LS
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Ocean View... you couldn't pay me to live there. There looks to be some nice stuff there but the surrounding area sucks in my opinion (one of my best friends lived over there when he first moved to Hampton Roads... stayed down there a lot).

Look at the Great Neck area of VA Beach. There are a lot of nice places on the water back there (though expensive... there are some deals to be had) and you're really close to the Bay and the Altantic. The wife and I were looking at property over there and were ready to make an offer on a couple of places until 9/11 happened. We decided to stay paut in DC instead. The price differences are amazing though. The houses we looked at in Great Neck were around 200-250k. In the DC area that's a 600k home easy!
    Last edited by TomZ; 06-21-2002 at 11:15 PM.
    '89 Formula F-242 LS