Really annoying Office Depot Ad Banner on OSO >

Really annoying Office Depot Ad Banner on OSO

Notices

Really annoying Office Depot Ad Banner on OSO

Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default pop-ups

I have a Mac and it does not happen to me. Not computer savvy but maybe the mac is the reason it does not happen.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by jackieboy
I have a Mac and it does not happen to me. Not computer savvy but maybe the mac is the reason it does not happen.
Give it time and keep us up to date .
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

How do you have your "options" set on firefox? Block pop-ups? and do not allow sites to track you? Lots of settings to use, also clear history upon leaving? I don't have this problem as of now, I'm using firefox. Wish I knew how to screen save and post my settings as an attachment. Gotta love google "How to":

Last edited by 97FASTech; 02-28-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: attachments
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Download the Firefox browser & you won't get those ads.
I only get it with Firefox, but not with Internet Exlporer....Weird, maybe its in the cookies settings?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jackieboy
I love how people think Macs are invulnerable to any problems. The problem is whoever handles the ad banners for OSO and added the code to the site.

It's of course their decision but it certainly a decision.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
I love how people think Macs are invulnerable to any problems. The problem is whoever handles the ad banners for OSO and added the code to the site.

It's of course their decision but it certainly a decision.
Not invulnerable, just less vulnerable. It is a numbers game. If code writers only have time to write code for 3 browsers then they are going to write that code for the 3 most used browser and Safari isn't one of them.

Same goes for viruses, spam and everything else. The people who write these are going to go for getting as many people as the can and right now that means going for windows based OS and software.

It IS my decision to use a Mac and it is a decision driven by common sense. For the record I am an IT professional who has been doing windows based IT for more than 12 years and thank God for all of Microsofts faults because they have kept me in a well paying job for a long time.

It took me a long time to come around to buying a Mac but today it is one of the best things I have done. I finally got tired of having intrusive AV software constantly using resources as well as an OS that that any given time will use up to 1 GIG of memory for almost no reason whatsoever. If you want, we can start talking about the resource hog that is Office, specifically Outlook. I will admit that I am running Office 2011 for Mac but it is not 1/2 the resource hog that Office for Windows is.

In all my years I have never owned an easier to use, more stable, more enjoyable computer than I have since I made the "switch".
Old 02-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

It's not a POP up windooooo.....it's a JAVA script I think.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FASTech
How do you have your "options" set on firefox? Block pop-ups? and do not allow sites to track you? Lots of settings to use, also clear history upon leaving? I don't have this problem as of now, I'm using firefox. Wish I knew how to screen save and post my settings as an attachment. Gotta love google "How to":
Your settings look good.

FF is only half way there, Install ABP as well.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir.../adblock-plus/

It'll block 99% of all internet AD traffic. But on less known sites, you have do it manually, but only once. After you do, you'll never see those ads again.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4,297 Likes on 1,241 Posts

REALLY annoying and sometimes it keeps popping back up when I try to close it. Google chrome here
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
REALLY annoying and sometimes it keeps popping back up when I try to close it. Google chrome here
Same here, the popup sucks...

I noticed about a month ago that one of the ambulance chaser ads said "Baltimore Accident" when I logged in. What are the chances they're not targeting my location based on my IP address?

Sorry OSO/IB, that's bad mojo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.