sugestions on how to improve the Boating Toys for tots tour >

sugestions on how to improve the Boating Toys for tots tour

Notices

sugestions on how to improve the Boating Toys for tots tour

Old 12-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sugestions on how to improve the Boating Toys for tots tour

what is it that you liked about the TFT ? what else would you like to see . maybe a sweat shirt or a hoody instead of a T-shirt ... charge more charge less advertise more ... more entertainment different entertainment... > ? how can I get those folks who are use to paying $1300 for registering for a run when I only charged $19 . for a T-shirt 2 live band parties and several prize give aways . and discounting the rooom rates. and free docking at the hotel.. Iknow I will charge $400 perperson next year and discount it to $20 if you show the invitation post card or a print from the web or can spell your own name ... rU$ would miss out on the discont just for my notorious bad spelling... what do you think...?
Old 12-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

I couldn't miss 2 Fridays in a row. a lot of my customers close there shops the Fri. after thanksgiving. so maby have it the 2nd week in DEC. Thats the reason I didnt make it.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered

How about having the run the week after KeyWest, I think for us guys that drive 1500mi that would work well. Go to KeyWest on a Wed, stay till Wed and actually maybe have a vacation of sort then drive up and do your run then go home. Just my .02
Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Just wanted to say the crew onboard GRUMPY the california day cruiser had a blast. We were first timers but we will be back . I even won the cooler bag and corona. Much thanks to Rus.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Registered

Default Change Date

Change the date to the weekend before Thanksgiving. Better weather and less holiday issues.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Registered

thanks for the input I would love to hear from more of you
Old 12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We just did one down here and it grows every year, it was started by fishing guys and now go fast are starting to join in. Maybe put it out to fisherman around there and other boaters as well. Sounds like y'all have a great event and I'm sure it will keep growing. Ours was a blast for a great cause as well and they estimated 70k of toys donated!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i wouldnt change a thing, it gets better every yr, you collect more presents every yr, you get a better boat turn out every yr, and i dont know your final $$ numbers, but i need to think this was a good financial yr too..

to me, the best part about this run is its simplicity and down to earth people/boaters. Keep up the good work Russ,
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

It was a fun day, we will be there for fridays run next year.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

This is an excellent event as is.

Why it is not attended by more performance boat owners is beyond comprehension.

Maybe they do not want to support a worthy charity and brighten those less fortunates' Christmas. Maybe they don't enjoy the company of generous, caring individuals. Maybe they don't enjoy low cost yet excellent boating facilities and conditions that provide a low stress, fun-filled event.

Rus only desires to increase participation to benefit Toys For Tots and that deserves recognition and the support of our boating community. Very well done Rus, we look forward to coming back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.