Notices

Whippled 383

Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Ok you put all this power into a 18' classic,what did you do th the hull to with stand all the power and wave bashing @ 90 mph?
Mike, its had the stringers beefed up in the bilge, has step added in the bilge like the 22's.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Nice results and nice little performance small block! Bobl does great work and he knows his stuff!
Kind of curious, what kind of boost does this engine generate between 3500-4000rpms?
Have fun in that little "pocket rocket" and be safe!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Nice results and nice little performance small block! Bobl does great work and he knows his stuff!
Kind of curious, what kind of boost does this engine generate between 3500-4000rpms?
Have fun in that little "pocket rocket" and be safe!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Ray, not sure what boost is at 3,500-4,000 maybe Bob will chime in, but 6psi total, I do know at around 4,800-5,000 it comes on full boost and pins ya back in the seat like the boat has shifted into overdrive!

Been a lot of talk about supercharges, turbos, and big power N/A motors but not a lot of small block builds so thought I'd share this one, have run it for 1 season with 80 hrs on it and it's a absolute blast, thing accelerates faster than a corvette, 45-85 happens in a heartbeat!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Glad to hear you are having so much fun in that little monster. Just keep it on the bottom-stay off the top!
I was asking about boost in that rpm range because hopefully the engine will stay out of boost in that rpm range in a non-WOT use so it can be cruised in a non-boosted situation to save fuel, life for the engine and supercharger wine in a cruising mode and still produce some decent roque numbers in that rpm range.
I wanted to see if supercharging the smallblock is a viable option for the average small block boater who might have lets say twins in a 28-30 foot boat who needs the added power but also has to consider engine life and fuel economy at crusing rpms in a bigger heavier boat in sometimes offshore use. Obviously in a small lake type 18-22 foot boat this is easier to attain.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by osur866
Mike, its had the stringers beefed up in the bilge, has step added in the bilge like the 22's.
Cool Bro,,just want to make sure you and the family are safe..i have seen some chit happen with smaller boats like ours at the jet boat race's on thursday night boat races at blarneys island..Rock on and plz be safe!