Notices

What is a juco ???

Old 03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The good ole' days.....................in simple terms.........................when SpeedGirl's avatar was animated, not frozen.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe

I'll start with who the phuck is Juco ?
Good Old Days

Can someone please tell me what the " Good Old Days " around here is.

Is it the parties and giant bar tabs on Steve Schubles credit card?
I have no idea what a phucking juco is other than....phuck I can't even make something up here!!!

The good ol days!!!! MY DEFINITION

I was around on here long before Schuble took over the reins and Steve did a absolutely tremendous job taking it to the level it was at...do I think it is still there??? Pretty much but it has some flaws and that is understandable!!!!! But I remember there was a core group of OG posters that became a tight knit group at one point some of them still post others dont but it was always a race to get to the chat room and have our drunken or non drunken ramblings every night and when Steve took over the reins he was very much part of that tight group...those days are over...yes I remember some great parties one at Monty's but the very first OSO party in Miami was over at Bayfront at the joint on the end!!!! Can't remember if it was a Hooters but I believe it was as that was Jeffery's favorite place especially his favorite boating destination in Newport Beach when we came back from the yardhouse runs among others we always ended up at Hooters to play the A role personalities and brag who could take the bigger waves...I remember making fun of many in our group as well as taking alot of jokes from my friends back then....I remember making fun of one of my good buddies red Fountain and calling it a swimming pool because of the wet ride he had that day coming back from Long Beach....I remember giving our fearless founder alot of sh!t over so many things...believe me I have countless hours and hours of stories!!!!!

THEN....I got tired of all of the poppycock that came out and the politics ....it's no secret that I have left these boards for months even years at times but I have always returned because I still feel this is my family away from my family!!!

OK now you can unload on me for my sappiness!!!!!! Especially you my phucking canadien pal!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Thank You, but I didn't post for a thank you or praise.

The Mods and I love the board and do our best to try to make keep the place afloat. In the 10+ years for me moderating OSO I think the site is more lenient now then ever in some case. We can't keep everyone happy. Sorry
Don't let it get you down SpeedGirl....you're the bomb everybody knows it!!!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Open72
Good old days ,SBRT , TMP 1800 gas motors , cheap Rolex watches,Big Scotty,
Steve in a garbage can, Troutly and the seven bros gang bang , how big is Nort's head to name a few

Anyone know if Officer Troutly is in or out?

And is Big Bubba in or out of Officer Troutly?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

I personally think there are a small number of frequently posting members on this site that if they never made another post, site traffic and participation would increase. I still frequent this site and like it, but the quality of information has decreased and the amount of uncalled for attacks has become ridiculous. Seems to me the silent majority has moved on to other things and the internet tough guys have taken over around here. It is a shame really and I often wonder why Speedy and the other mods subject themselves to all of this, I wouldn't do that job if they paid me.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
I have no idea what a phucking juco is other than....phuck I can't even make something up here!!!

The good ol days!!!! MY DEFINITION

I was around on here long before Schuble took over the reins and Steve did a absolutely tremendous job taking it to the level it was at...do I think it is still there??? Pretty much but it has some flaws and that is understandable!!!!! But I remember there was a core group of OG posters that became a tight knit group at one point some of them still post others dont but it was always a race to get to the chat room and have our drunken or non drunken ramblings every night and when Steve took over the reins he was very much part of that tight group...those days are over...yes I remember some great parties one at Monty's but the very first OSO party in Miami was over at Bayfront at the joint on the end!!!! Can't remember if it was a Hooters but I believe it was as that was Jeffery's favorite place especially his favorite boating destination in Newport Beach when we came back from the yardhouse runs among others we always ended up at Hooters to play the A role personalities and brag who could take the bigger waves...I remember making fun of many in our group as well as taking alot of jokes from my friends back then....I remember making fun of one of my good buddies red Fountain and calling it a swimming pool because of the wet ride he had that day coming back from Long Beach....I remember giving our fearless founder alot of sh!t over so many things...believe me I have countless hours and hours of stories!!!!!

THEN....I got tired of all of the poppycock that came out and the politics ....it's no secret that I have left these boards for months even years at times but I have always returned because I still feel this is my family away from my family!!!

OK now you can unload on me for my sappiness!!!!!! Especially you my phucking canadien pal!!!!!!!
Not going to unload on you

Neat story....good memories with some buds. Chit you will never forget.
Neat.......but sappy
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kelly o
the good ole' days.....................in simple terms.........................when speedgirl's avatar was animated, not frozen.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Good ole days for me was when the Northern NJ Spots thread was started... It was a bunch of like mind individuals, all friends, that went boating together. We busted each others chops almost every day. It must have been fun because I racked up over 10K posts. The past 2 yrs or so, not so much fun.

We actually went BOATING and used our BOATS together. We met a lot of people along the way including a lot of great friends that I met moving here to Maryland.

I also miss the days of posting technical information and there could be back/forth discussions instead of someone saying "you should take it to XYZ builder and spend a ton of cash." When I first joined OSO I only posted in technical section.

Last edited by Panther; 03-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Last point.
I have never seen a sport or hobby that costs as much money to participate in as this one that is surrounded by con artists and poor service and thieves and rip off artists and pretenders.
To read some of the posts on here from people that have never owned a boat is a joke.

Rant over.
To all the hard working good honest guys on here that love this sport and want to yak about it whichever way they feel on any given day............be safe and enjoy.
Amen to that. I've never seen anything like it.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
I'll start with who the phuck is Juco ?
JuCo= Acronym for Junior College, most often when referring to athletes at one.

Maybe if we add more vowels you Canadians would know what it means; ie colors vs colours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.