Notices

What is a juco ???

Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What is a juco ???

I just read the sticky on the top of this page. I read it because a long time member here and a good friend pointed it out to me.

Since we are experiencing the winter duldrumbs and perhaps IB thinks its a little slow around here maybe we could talk about the topic a bit.

I'll make some points and then you guys can all jump in and agree or disagree.

I'll start with who the phuck is Juco ?Other than obviously not knowing how to use the English language , they have 27 posts on here and after reading the posts I presume they are responsible for the technical portion of how this board works.
They should get that part down right to start with. Of all the boards out there involving boating yak, this place is the slowest performing board I visit.
With 27 posts they are hardly the right person to be putting that sticky up there.

Speedgirl and the volunteer mods on here do a great job in my opinion. I dont think we need to hear from anyone else.

TONE

I've always equated the talk on here to a bunch of like minded guys standing around at a party yakkin about a common interest being boating. Those guys have a common denominator being that they are all " A" personalities. Anyone that wants to throw as much time and effort and a ton of money into this hobby as we all do has to be a little bent in the first place.
To restrain their conversation and how they talk to one another is a huge mistake. They have to be able to post on here the same way they talk everyday. To restrict that in any way makes this a Vanilla conversation board and it becomes meaningless.

If you travel around other sites you will see that a lot of the threads are discussing what is happening over on OSO.
IB should read that as a plus.

This place is still the mothership of boating forums and if you want it to stay that way you have to let people talk the way they talk.

If someone in this industry wants to make a product announcement that remains a straight product announcement they should do it in their own builders section.
If they want to do it in the "living room " GD section then let those that are reading it react to it as they wish.

If it gets stupid then Speedy will take care of it as she always has, along with the other moderators.

Case in point. There are some folks on here that have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours educating and entertaining this membership with build threads and picture threads that some of you like or dont like.One of the threads is in the top 10 largest on here. If they get out of shape on one thread you hardly need to consider banning them. Report them to Speedy and let her deal with it.

Good Old Days

Can someone please tell me what the " Good Old Days " around here is.

Is it the parties and giant bar tabs on Steve Schubles credit card?

Is it the yak about the boats that can run out on the ocean in 7 foot waves that take 3000 hp to go 75 miles an hour ?
Who the phuck waits for 7 foot waves to go boating ?Nobody.

Is it the constant yak about whose boat is fastest for the 15 seconds it takes to measure the ultimate top speed that may have happened once? Who gives a chit ?
Try comparing boats that start and run everytime that you want to use them with your friends and family.

Last point.
I have never seen a sport or hobby that costs as much money to participate in as this one that is surrounded by con artists and poor service and thieves and rip off artists and pretenders.
To read some of the posts on here from people that have never owned a boat is a joke.

Rant over.
To all the hard working good honest guys on here that love this sport and want to yak about it whichever way they feel on any given day............be safe and enjoy.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

Good old days ,SBRT , TMP 1800 gas motors , cheap Rolex watches,Big Scotty,
Steve in a garbage can, Troutly and the seven bros gang bang , how big is Nort's head to name a few

Last edited by open87; 03-04-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:25 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks.

Actually I posted it yesterday morning, my mistake for taking an existing announcement and changing it. I thought it would have posted my name since i revised it.

I was very frustrated after waking up to many notifications of B.S. throughout the board.

If you don't like how I do my job and my judgement calls i'd be happy to throw in the hat and let someone from IB to run this place.

GFY
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by open72
good old days ,sbrt , tmp 1800 gas motors , cheap rolex watches,big scotty,
steve in a garbage can, troutly and the seven bros gang bang , how big is nort's head to name a few
lol!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Thanks.

Actually I posted it yesterday morning, my mistake for taking an existing announcement and changing it. I thought it would have posted my name since i revised it.

I was very frustrated after waking up to many notifications of B.S. throughout the board.

If you don't like how I do my job and my judgement calls i'd be happy to throw in the hat and let someone from IB to run this place.

GFY
Like I posted, the mods on here do a good job.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Like I posted, the mods on here do a good job.
I agree. I wouldn't want that headache. I appreciate their efforts.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The good 'ole days were voicing your reasonable opinions and not getting "poofed" by big-shot named advertisers here. Until that day returns, I am not paying for memberships here.

I understand the system today, and have great respect for Speedy and all the mod's.

Most everyone here is entertaining and this is the only boat site I personally participate in.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Aw man. . . . .what happened to the Juco smiley? . . . ..the one time we coulda used that
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 03-04-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:13 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

THANK YOU for all you do SPEEDY !!!

I would never want your job......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank You, but I didn't post for a thank you or praise.

The Mods and I love the board and do our best to try to make keep the place afloat. In the 10+ years for me moderating OSO I think the site is more lenient now then ever in some case. We can't keep everyone happy. Sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.