General Fun on the Water thread. . . >

General Fun on the Water thread. . .

Notices

General Fun on the Water thread. . .

Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Awesome story, time flies, and life can be too short.....
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig

Buddy, that picture you posted makes me think you should be at the end of your driveway with a fishing pole in your hand.

Buy a hat and use some sunscreen
Old 03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing your story about your Dad and your friend staying with him, to make sure he was on his feet again and OK.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Craig

Buddy, that picture you posted makes me think you should be at the end of your driveway with a fishing pole in your hand.

Buy a hat and use some sunscreen
LMAO!!! that was from 1993...before we worried about sunscreen!

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Thanks for sharing your story about your Dad and your friend staying with him, to make sure he was on his feet again and OK.
+100 That's a good friend right there!!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is the best friend. And all of you can appreciate the level of banter he, our other best friend Pete and I share. It gets epic, especially when the wives are around. Chick just don't understand.

Brenda and I don't get alot of time on the water without the kids, dog (Scooby) and a nearby beach destination. But we do hope to sign up for a local poker run this year with my father in tow. Hope to see more of you out there.

Thanks again for the great comments. In fact, if any of you have some special story of 'moments' on your boat with family members, please share. (And I'm not referring to Clay in Texas-type moments with strippers. Although , he needs to get that thread moving in the Uncensored section again)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

This is bringing tears to my eyes (truth) right now. Lost my dad in '03 and IT SUCKS. Treasure every single second with him.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
He is the best friend. And all of you can appreciate the level of banter he, our other best friend Pete and I share. It gets epic, especially when the wives are around. Chick just don't understand.

Brenda and I don't get alot of time on the water without the kids, dog (Scooby) and a nearby beach destination. But we do hope to sign up for a local poker run this year with my father in tow. Hope to see more of you out there.

Thanks again for the great comments. In fact, if any of you have some special story of 'moments' on your boat with family members, please share. (And I'm not referring to Clay in Texas-type moments with strippers. Although , he needs to get that thread moving in the Uncensored section again)

Here is one.

When I had my 43 cat. I took it for a toot around my lake.

My home got 2 calls warning me that I was driving too fast and they were going to call the police.
When I retuned their calls when I got back and told them who was steering they laughed and said to forget they complained.

My 87 year old mom was a champ at the wheel at 125 mph.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Here is one.

When I had my 43 cat. I took it for a toot around my lake.

My home got 2 calls warning me that I was driving too fast and they were going to call the police.
When I retuned their calls when I got back and told them who was steering they laughed and said to forget they complained.

My 87 year old mom was a champ at the wheel at 125 mph.
Great story. We should invest a fire-proof cap that won't burn the skin of the elderly. They can get that one last thrill in with their hair actually on fire.

I look at your old Cat in the ads periodically. My father would be thrilled riding in any kind of cat. But there is something to be said for having enough boat to do any kind of run.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
This is bringing tears to my eyes (truth) right now. Lost my dad in '03 and IT SUCKS. Treasure every single second with him.
Thanks for sharing INdy. We all learn from other's loses to appreciate what we have. I think of friend who are not able to be with loved ones and it motivates me to budget more time with family.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good post. We seem to forget whats important in life. Looking forward to boating a lot with my pops and family this summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.