Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GLSC results? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27195-glsc-results.html)

georges 06-23-2002 09:39 PM

GLSC results?

Any results from today's race on Lake St Clair?

Treadwellmotorsports 06-23-2002 09:50 PM

twysted styx won f2

Treadwell

CheckmateF1 06-23-2002 10:53 PM

Anybody know how Team Liquid did in F1?

ragman 06-24-2002 08:12 AM

glscs

Twisted Styx won F2
Team liquiod won F1
Cat Can Do won Super cat lite
Grumpy Old Man won A class
More results will posted on the silvercup website later today

Gordo 06-24-2002 09:18 AM

YYEEEEHAAAAWWW!!!

Team Liquid Won Factory 1 !!!!!
I love it! Jeff & Michele have poured their hearts into their race team. Those guys have busted their buns on that boat since they got it. I figured once they got it dialed in, it was gonna scream.
Congrats guys!!!
Also, congrats to Bob & Teresa of Twisted Styx in F-2, and to Grumpy Old Men in A class. Both are top class teams, and the old dudes rock! ;)

kook 06-25-2002 08:49 AM

Bruce was running throttles. Glad to see he won - maybe my boat will progress a bit faster :rolleyes:

Lady Liquid 06-25-2002 02:26 PM

Hey Gordo,

We were going to call you yesterday, but we came home to a party waiting at our house. Sunday was wonderful they kicked butt. I guess all that hard work finally paid off. This year looks great for GLSCS it will be a competitive year. Top 3 boats were all Warlock. All the boats stayed really close, so Eastlake should be interesting. We even took the boys and they had soooooo much fun. They even got interviewed twice, like Brenden said on T.V. we went with the big prop...

Give Jeff a call when you get a minute.

Bill272 06-25-2002 02:34 PM

We were anchored out at turn 1 and it was a great show. One thing that was pretty cool was when the races were over, the boats cruised through the spectator fleet instead of going around to get back to Metro Beach. The kids especially liked when the "Superman" boat cut through next to us.

mpally 06-25-2002 07:27 PM

Is the race at LOTO still a go?

Gordo 06-25-2002 10:24 PM

No LOTO race

I pulled the plug and made the announcement on the Ozarks race back in April. Unfortunatly, due to the growth along the lake shores, there just isn't enough water for a true APBA offshore event.
My hat's off to Chief Rucker of Osage Beach Fire Dept and Captain Hughes of the Missouri Water Patrol for trying everything they could to get the event moving forward. But, in the end, we all realized that safety was a major concern for both the race teams and the spectator fleet.
It was even more heartbreaking having to cancel the event after getting some great sponsors lined up. In fact, we were looking at charities to donate to because the race was actually going to make money!