Notices

Powerboat Mag refund

Old 03-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No refund yet, no Boat magazine yet, but I did pick up a Sportboat mag good read. I will be subscriber.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I've been picking up Sport Boat at the newstand, and may subscribe. It's too bad about an icon like Powerboat Magazine going out of business, but is not surprising to me. I stopped reading Powerboat years ago. Every boat they had was megabucks, and not affordable to the average or even most above average buyer. That's not the way the magazine use to be. I was wondering how long Powerboat could keep up their megabuck parade, before people got bored. The car magazines know to test a range of cars in various price ranges. Sure, it's fun to read about the super performance cars that I'll never be able to afford, but I'm most interested in cars in my price range. It's even nice to read about the econo cars once in a while. So far Sport Boat seems to provide a range boats at various price points. Let's hope they don't fall into the Powerboat megabuck trap.

Michael

Last edited by Michael1; 03-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

I received a Boating magazine a few days ago.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
All I know is I haven't taken a decent dump since Powerboat went away.
amen to that!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Registered

My wife is so pissed. In our half bath I actually put in a shelf and have all my pra, powerboat, performance and a few others. Shes pissed cause she cant put her cleaning chemicals in their I didnt want them next to the toilet cause i didnt want people splashing on them.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Ohh, i did get three issues of boating.. You get the occasional go fast in their
Old 03-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Last night during a monthly boys night out over burgers and beer, I told my friends about this comment. The table completely fell apart.

Thanks for the good laugh. So glad we could be there for you in your times of need.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
I've been picking up Sport Boat at the newstand, and may subscribe. It's too bad about an icon like Powerboat Magazine going out of business, but is not surprising to me. I stopped reading Powerboat years ago. Every boat they had was megabucks, and not affordable to the average or even most above average buyer. That's not the way the magazine use to be. I was wondering how long Powerboat could keep up their megabuck parade, before people got bored. The car magazines know to test a range of cars in various price ranges. Sure, it's fun to read about the super performance cars that I'll never be able to afford, but I'm most interested in cars in my price range. It's even nice to read about the econo cars once in a while. So far Sport Boat seems to provide a range boats at various price points. Let's hope they don't fall into the Powerboat megabuck trap.

Michael
Not going to happen, that trap. In next issue, you'll find a feature on semi-custom and custom (translation: expensive) center consoles next to a great Jason Johnson article on buying used boats from $10,000 to $60,000. The issue is a ways off from the newsstand, but I think (hope, pray) you'll like it.

Thanks, as always, for your support.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Got my refund this week
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Last night during a monthly boys night out over burgers and beer, I told my friends about this comment. The table completely fell apart.

Thanks for the good laugh. So glad we could be there for you in your times of need.
Spent a lot of time copy editing pages on the throne myself....TMI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.