Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A idea that might stimulate interest in performance boating! >

A idea that might stimulate interest in performance boating!

Notices

A idea that might stimulate interest in performance boating!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A idea that might stimulate interest in performance boating!

I keep reading all these threads about how to get new interest in performance boating. Tonight I was scanning through facebook and a friend of mine was talking about getting a Red Jacket AR. His post had like 30 comments on it with all kinds of people talking about guns and building guns, etc. This made me think, one of these custom builders should try to get a reality show. Look at what OCC did for motorcycles, after that show aired everyone wanted or was building choppers. Look at Jersey shore, everyone fist pumps, gtl, and fat girls dress like whores and think its cool cause Snookie does it!! When I saw the Red Jacket comment and how much attention it got it made me think why couldn't a builder try to get a spot on discovery channel and drum up some interest. I think it would be cool not only to show the boats being built but following along to poker runs, etc... Probably a lame idea, but it is just a thought.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Registered

it has been done.......John West from Ultra had a show a few years ago......showed the build of a few boats but don't think it got to much attention. I also believe Outer Limits shot a few episodes but don't think that got picked up. I do agree though that if the right personalities got on the air and you got to see what goes in to building these boats it couldn't hurt the industry.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
it has been done.......John West from Ultra had a show a few years ago......showed the build of a few boats but don't think it got to much attention. I also believe Outer Limits shot a few episodes but don't think that got picked up. I do agree though that if the right personalities got on the air and you got to see what goes in to building these boats it couldn't hurt the industry.
Yeah, but in the end 99.999999999999999999% of America will realize that they dont have the money, energy, resources or knowledge to own one.

And as much as I hate to admit it 99.9999999999999999999% of America spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about gas prices. That will ALWAYS keep people from getting into the sport.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Yeah, but in the end 99.999999999999999999% of America will realize that they dont have the money, energy, resources or knowledge to own one.

And as much as I hate to admit it 99.9999999999999999999% of America spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about gas prices. That will ALWAYS keep people from getting into the sport.
Yes, I agree 100% with that.....but we would watch it, and isn't that all that really matters......lol.....j/k.......
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

I would like it.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
I keep reading all these threads about how to get new interest in performance boating. Tonight I was scanning through facebook and a friend of mine was talking about getting a Red Jacket AR. His post had like 30 comments on it with all kinds of people talking about guns and building guns, etc. This made me think, one of these custom builders should try to get a reality show. Look at what OCC did for motorcycles, after that show aired everyone wanted or was building choppers. Look at Jersey shore, everyone fist pumps, gtl, and fat girls dress like whores and think its cool cause Snookie does it!! When I saw the Red Jacket comment and how much attention it got it made me think why couldn't a builder try to get a spot on discovery channel and drum up some interest. I think it would be cool not only to show the boats being built but following along to poker runs, etc... Probably a lame idea, but it is just a thought.
Been there done that as far as the due diligence is involved...the cost to do the pilot was a factor as well as logistics to do some filming while on the run....I have a contact that would be more than happy to discuss it with you if you would like her contact info!!!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
We were going to do MuscleBoat TV I don't remember if someone else ever picked up the name but I have a whole package if you would like to dig into it deeper!!! I agree that it wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day it came down to $$$$$$$
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sean stinson
We were going to do MuscleBoat TV I don't remember if someone else ever picked up the name but I have a whole package if you would like to dig into it deeper!!! I agree that it wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day it came down to $$$$$$$
Pray tell....what role were you going to play in the show ??
Did you go to the first meeting dressed like Don Johnson ??

Mornin pal.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Pray tell....what role were you going to play in the show ??
Did you go to the first meeting dressed like Don Johnson ??

Mornin pal.
I was going to be the guy that threw the tools at the azzholes that came in with stupid questions on how much it cost to build a million dollar boat that they wanted for Bayliner price!!!!

Good morning my friend!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

I always thought that when racing made it to t.v. they should have spent more time talking with the guys in the pits like a reality show. Showing some tension between teams and showing the smaller open boats like we all own. Got boring watching Geico race them self's.

I would watch a reality show about building boats, fun runs, raft ups Jersey shore is all about drunken partying would fit right in. Someone should invite them out with camera crew on there boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.