Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I'm surprised these boats aren't more popular on here... >

I'm surprised these boats aren't more popular on here...

Notices

I'm surprised these boats aren't more popular on here...

Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been dreaming about an STV, T3 or Alison for years, but I can't really use it anywhere. There were a few around years back, before nature laws and speed limits phucked it up.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Cool! But, a boat like that wouldn't be real useful on the waters I usually boat on.
Exactly.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definatly fun in calm water.. Boat looks to be almost blown over backwards at speed. .Probly needs a new transome and transome bushing by now.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Been dreaming about an STV, T3 or Alison for years, but I can't really use it anywhere. There were a few around years back, before nature laws and speed limits phucked it up.
I am with you, I would love to own one of those hot-rods you mentioned in your post.

I really appreciate the raw speed and acceraltion of the OB hot-rods.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buds got a really clean hydro vking (yk?) I think? Idk its the tunnel hull model.
96 merc 200 warmed up, jack plate, alien cowl. Its a 9 out of 10
Hes been about 85 with the wrong prop & no seat time. With the right wheel it'll see 90 ez.
Hes lookin for $8 ?
Attached Thumbnails I'm surprised these boats aren't more popular on here...-boat12.jpg  

Last edited by scarab63; 03-08-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQh5l...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZTj...eature=related
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

If I had a cottage on one one of the thousands of small inland lakes up here I'd be all over one.....

Its its own "scene" up here on those small lakes.....my buddy had an Charger STV with a 2.5 Bridgeport yrs back at his families cottage.....another guy from the other side of the lake had an STV like in the vid with a hopped up 200 Merc on it.....after a bunch of fly by's and cat & mouse and rainy weekends that went on most of the summer they finally got together for a showdown one Sat afternoon.....people were all out on the docks watching.....my buddy beat the guy solidly in two side by side top speed runs and one 50mph roll on.....WELL! the cheers from the other cottagers was unreal. For the rest of the day and well into the night all kinds of people (many we didnt even know) were coming to the cottage on foot and by boat and congratulating Steve on the victory for 'our' side of the lake.....he got bottles of rum and beer, people were saying how he did 'our' side of the lake proud and hi fives and they knew Steves boat could take his and they were waiting all summer to see it.....holy smokes, we had no idea......crazy

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 03-08-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know for a FACT that they (STV) can blow over.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by f311fr1
I know for a FACT that they (STV) can blow over.
I've seen videos of 50 foot cats blow over when they catch just a little air.

I've been a member of Scream and Fly for years and of course that type of boat is more popular over there. There are members on this site with a LOT of money and dropping $20-30k on a boat would be pocket change. I'm surprised you don't see adrenaline junkies with deep pockets sporting some 125+ mph rockets whether STVs, Hydrostream Vipers, Mirages, etc.

While this site is titled Offshoreonly, I bet a majority of posters don't actually do most of their boating offshore in the Gulf, Atlantic, or Pacific.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@uga
While this site is titled Offshoreonly, I bet a majority of posters don't actually do most of their boating offshore in the Gulf, Atlantic, or Pacific.
Seriously guy??? you cant drive an STV in anything much more than 1.5 ft.....in 2.5 - 3s forget it....we boat a lot on a 20 mi lake, there would be entire weeks on that lake where you couldnt even take an STV out let alone any Great Lake or Lotto or Lake Champlain. You cant take four people and gear on a V King and go for a weekend of boating. You cant sleep overnight on the boat in the Marina and have changes of clothes for the restaurant and coolers and all that, an STV is a cottage rocketship, you gotta be near land....two totally different types of boating, you cant compare the two

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 03-08-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.