River Dave’s Place Going Big with Online Desert Storm Coverage >

River Dave’s Place Going Big with Online Desert Storm Coverage

Notices

River Dave’s Place Going Big with Online Desert Storm Coverage

Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tank,Look the guy has a commercial Website and is in HERE promoting it, He should buy an Ad and a Friggin Membership as well, now back to selectively reading my posting and a SAFE EVENT.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy phuck man! You come out of the gate with "is he still around," and can't figure out what the problem is? It's you! Drop it, and leave this one alone. Thisis good stuff!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive

Thank You River Dave for Bringing this to Those of us unable to attend the event! And Thank You to Tank for Taming down the verbage i was thinking. Thanks to Mr Trulio aswell for bringing this Thread! This is very positive for the event and this type of boating in general aswell as every site in this genre. Good Luck With this venture i for 1 look forward to watching. Stay Positive ! Rich
Old 03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Tank,Look the guy has a commercial Website and is in HERE promoting it, He should buy an Ad and a Friggin Membership as well, now back to selectively reading my posting and a SAFE EVENT.
Hi Steve,

My name is Matt Trulio. I am the publisher of speedonthewater.com, and I wrote the story about River Dave's Place plans for coverage of Desert Storm. As I do with all the stories Jason Johnson and I write for speedonthewater.com, I post them here.

I reported on what River Dave's Place is doing because it has news value. That's what daily news sites do—what speedonthewater is—report the news. Judging from the positive interest in what River Dave's Place plans to do around Desert Storm on this thread, the story does have news value.

Dave did not "promote" his site. I reported on it. During one of the many phone calls I make every day (because even in a digital world good reporting comes down to that) I spoke with Dave Johnson, the owner of River Dave's. His plans for Desert Storm coverage came up during our conversation. I felt they had news value and reported them.

It's really that simple. But just to be clear one more time: Dave did not "promote" his own business. I reported on it. Huge difference.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 03-15-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Matt-
Do you plan to attend the event, and possibly be driving a boat?

If so, I will plan to stay in the chopper, thanks.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Matt-

Why Jay , are you afraid of a little bridge ??
Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Matt-

Originally Posted by the deep
Why Jay , are you afraid of a little bridge ??
Laugh it up, funny boys. Man, you tell one honest, heartfelt story ...

I'll be there from Wednesday till Friday afternoon. Have to leave Friday for a commitment back home. And I won't be driving a boat. That London Bridge looks really solid.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Steve1, I will try to explain my position on this.. There is I suppose some fine line between Sharing Content with other websites and self promotion.

In this particular instance, the members of OSO would never be able to see this content. OSO is an East Coast Based site, my site is a West Coast based site.. This is an offshore site, my site is a River/Lake site.

While there is certainly some cross over, the main "intent" of each site is in fact different. When the big events happen in the mid west, and the East Coast and I want to see them, OSO is the spot I would go to to see that content.

When an Event such as Desert Storm happens quite literally in my back yard (I'm looking at the lake as I type this), and I can cover it, I would assume the people that can't make the event from OSO would like to see it.

RDP is no real threat to OSO, no more then OSO is a threat to RDP. There is no self promotion here. It's just sharing content with individuals on the other side of the country that would want to see it in order to promote Desert Storm, and boating in general. In a short sited view i think one could come to your conclusion. In a bigger picture sort of view though, one might even come to the conclusion that this is a positive for OSO, it's members, and Desert Storm.

If the OSO team views it in your fashion, I'm quite sure I would've recieved a PM, a phone call, an e-mail, a smoke signal? Something.. But the fact is, last year a lot of OSO members enjoyed it, they talked about it here, and guess what.. OSO is still here, and the same as it ever was, and RDP is still here and the same as it ever was..

RD

Last edited by RiverDave; 03-16-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I for one am psyched that RDP has decided to invest into covering the event. I have never been to RDP, but I will definitely be signing up to check out the party at Desert Storm this year. Eventually I would love to make my way out to the West coast and do some boating there, but until then, I will gladly join RDP and support them for taking the time and energy to cover a great event.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:49 AM
Registered

RD sucks!

Dave.....did I get that right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.