Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp >

What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp

Notices

What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp

Old 06-25-2002, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I though you were looking in clear lake area. Out in this area (NW Houston/Cypress) there are all kinds of places you can buy a lot where you can do what you want & build. I think your problem is you are going to track builder & trying to get them to go custom. There should be no problem finding something in cfisd.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Default OutlawBayB:

That's not too far from me!

You will have some difficulty staying in Cy-Fair and getting enough of a lot to build a garage that big. I wouldn't give up hope, however. Have you tried a little farther out 290? I think there is a neighborhood call Lakes of Rosehill that has up to 1 acre lots, and is still in Cy-Fair district. To get there, if I remember correctly, take 290 to Cypress-Rosehill Rd., turn right (North) and go a couple of miles. . .neighborhood will be on your right. Trendmaker and maybe Village Builders are there. Might be worth a look.

Good Luck!
Old 06-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Heres mine. $20 in lumber and a $50 cover. High enough that I can work on it and even pull engines. Lots of slope so the snow wont stick.
Attached Thumbnails What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp-mvc-017s.jpg  
Old 06-25-2002, 04:42 PM
supercrash

Thats nice formula31...I know alot of people that don't mind keeping their boats outside...if it's wrapped up and winterized right there should be no problem..here is my back boat storage , about a 1/2 acre with a couple runabouts , I have been thinking of putting a large metal framed building back there but not sure how long I'm staying ...
Attached Thumbnails What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp-backyard-004.jpg  

Old 06-25-2002, 04:54 PM
supercrash

Here is the front boat storage...My Mechanic and I get the driveway.. ...8 cyl. in front yard , and 4 cyl. in backyard.... ...hope I didn't offened anybody with that 4 cyl. jab... ....
Attached Thumbnails What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp-backyard-007.jpg  

Old 06-25-2002, 10:23 PM
Registered

OutlawBayB, We lived in a subdivision called Long Wood (it has a golf course) that is basicaly at the intersection of Huffmeister and Telge roads. Its just South of the intersection of Spring Cypress road and Telge. The house is 14923 Autumnvale Lane. Its the second right after you enter the subdivision off of Telge. The house was built by Village Builders. I think the name has changed since 1994. We moved out in 1997. They did a great job on the house. Very solid, lots of upgrades, it was a Palace. I have attached a picture of the house (and garage). It was an awesome place to live. If anyone has a job opportunity in Houston let me know. We would move back in a heartbeat.
Attached Thumbnails What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp-house-houston.gif  

Last edited by h2owarrior; 06-25-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Registered

OutlawBayB
What I was saying about the hatch was to measure the height so you could move the boat in and out of the garage door with the hatch open. 12' tall should be plenty as that is what I have and move the 41 in and out with the hatches up, also moved 382 Formula in and out with hatch up. The inside ceiling height will be determined by the height of the garage door, you need at least 1'-6" above the door height in order for the door to slide/roll up inside the garage. If the wall height is over 10',I would use 2x6's for the wall framing to give some rigidity to the building. Also put in plenty of electrical outlets including some 220v for air compressor and welder.
Robert
Old 06-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my life I wanted a pole building to store my "toys. My dream came through this year. We built a new house that I designed, and I buit the polebarn. 36' x 56' with 10' walls and scissor trusses allowing a 12' x 12' door.

here are a couple pics

Last edited by Rambunctious; 09-12-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the house. back yard.

They say if you like your view.. YOU BETTER OWN IT!!!!

We bought 2.8 acres near the state game area in West Michigan. clsoe to the big lake in Summer, and snowmobile down my road to 250 miles of groomed trailes in the Winter.

I had enough subdivision crap. i can run naked ouside now and not get neighbors yelling

Seroiusly. if you like the subdivision thing. a common pratice in this area (because so many boat or camp with motorhomes) is what my good friend did for his new house. three stalls. the third has the same roof line, but the drive sinks 4' gradually to the third stall floor. it is 34 feet deep but you don't notice it's depth one bit from the front. a 12' door and a retaining wall between this door and the other two stall door at nromal grade. One drain at the ron ot the 12' door for rain runn off down it's driveway section.

sorry no pics.

Last edited by Rambunctious; 07-16-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2002, 04:12 PM
OutlawBayB

JustBrowsing-I checked out Lakes of Rosehill today. $300k + just for the home, not including the $10-20k garage upgrades. Out of budget. They have the same deed restrictions, you can't be able to see the boat top. I'll keep looking around.

I also went to BlackHorse Ranch, Cy-Creek Ranch & Windemere Lakes.

Formula31-that'd work if we were willing to keep it outside.

Supercrash-shouldn't those boats be INSIDE the building????

Tonto-thanks for all the great info. Yes, lots of outlets needed.

H20Warrior-you wanna sell your other home??? We'll check into that subdivision. We're currently looking in the same area as you mentioned. Is the house is longwood the one able to fit the boat?

Rambunctious-You go ahead and run outside NAKED...I WON"T TELL Must be nice to desing & build your own. I like the idea of the sloping lot, could ya get a pix? Not sure if we could do that downhere. No basements in TX? It's a thought tho.

ANYONE ELSE have any ideas or setup pix?

Quick Reply: What kind of Boat Storage/SetUp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.