Notices

Pay to Play

Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I would much rather die with toys i had a blast with than die with money someone else will will enjoy , selfish.......YES.....life is short....Now quit thinkin about the money , go gather some kinnies , grab your faverite libations and hit the water ....
Old 03-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
I'd like to formally request that this individual is promptly removed from this forum on the basis of being a buzz kill. You REALLY know how to crash a party my man.

Buck
Somehow I knew that was coming and I will accept the punishment.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The more you use it the cheaper per hour it becomes. That's the way I look at it
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Barely 1000.00 an hour.
You dont use it enough.
So tour saying if I double down on the Hrs. and spend more on gas and rebuilds it would look better on paper. What a concept! I'll get right on that.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why only 35 hours a year? And who keeps a boat 10 years?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Never Enough II
So tour saying if I double down on the Hrs. and spend more on gas and rebuilds it would look better on paper. What a concept! I'll get right on that.
You have to forget about the fuel, beer and other crap. It's a loosing proposition from day one; no doubt. What he's saying (and I agree with him) is that if you can't run and use the thing more than 35 hours per year, it's an even worse decision to be an owner.

Using it all the time makes the accountants happier and by only using it 30 or so hours per year, yes again. The gas is cheaper than the depreciation on most of the larger, nicer boats.

It's not like spending more on fuel makes you money back.. It's that buying that thing and then not using it costs more than buying the gas and having the fun. It's the fun you're paying for. If you're not having the fun, you may as well give it to someone else to burn for you.

Or... my favorite... find a buddy with a nice boat. Buy all his beer and most of his gas and then you're far, far ahead when things get ugly. But that buddy is not out there in any real numbers!

Partnerships can work out for the right people. But it's tough in its own rights -

I personally would never suggest that anyone can really "rationalize" buying a boat. It can make for a nice tax deduction but not everyone agrees with that idea either.

Last edited by SDFever; 03-15-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I totally agree Fever...It's hard to express sarcasm humor in plain text. But then again it would be easy to go out and spend $500 a day in fuel at todays prices and it could double in price if Obama gets 4 more years. Then my accoutant would suggest a rubber room.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say you'd be money ahead to hire a high dollar hooker full time instead!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

I totally agree Fever...It's hard to express sarcasm humor in plain text. But then again it would be easy to go out and spend $500 a day in fuel at todays prices and it could double in price if Obama gets 4 more years. Then my accoutant would suggest a rubber room.
Better book your reservation now!! If he gets 4 more (and i'm pretty sure he will) there will be a shortage of rubber rooms.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone ever wondered or figured out what it cost per hour of (boat running) fun on the water. Lets use a new $250.000 cat (demo) that you financed at todays rates for ten years with no money down. Concider gas guzzling merc 600sc's for power. Lets say 35 hrs. a year for 10 years and sell it for $100k in 10 yrs. Only one rebuild of engines and lower units if your lucky. Then add your high $ cat insurance, maintenance, winter storage, slip rent, detailing, and 350 hrs. of fuel. You can count beer and ice if you only drink on the water like me. Did I leave anything out. Could someone please do the number crunching on this before I go out and do something I may regret later.
Ive got a friend who only uses her 28 ft Nordic Heat 5 days a year (40 total hours but most of that is anchored in the bay)....
She pays $700 per month in a payment, $200/mo in moorage, $70 in insurance and lets say $500 in fuel for the summer. Thats $12000 per year in expense and now divide that by 40 hours and it costs her $300 per hour to enjoy the sun in a go fast which is anchored most of the time! She lives in Seattle so we have a VERY short boating season which doesnt help matters....
--On top of that after 9 years of payments she is still upside down on the boat!!

It is just crazy when you really think about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.