Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27252-few-questions-about-42-tigers-trailers.html)

thisistank 06-25-2002 02:01 PM

Hey T/STiger, I saw your boat at Philly's shop a while back That thing is bad ass! Very nice. I also saw it in that movie...Get any money for that??:D

sean stinson 06-25-2002 02:10 PM

Tank,
Call me 949 289-0059.
Sean

twinsteptiger 06-25-2002 05:42 PM

yeah, got some money ,but not $300,000.00.

thisistank 06-25-2002 05:56 PM

:D :D :D LOL 300K for a movie shoot sounds like it would've been a deal! You movin up to a rough rider or what? Going to have Philly build it?

sean stinson 06-25-2002 06:16 PM

The problem with th TS Tiger is not the weight distribution or CG so much as the amount of rocker still in the bottom of the boat. I hear from a very reliable source that Cigarette is going to work on the bottom in the very near future to remedy the problem. The 38 TS w/ 900 SC and # 6's runs in the 1teens easily and feels solid doesn't do any funny stuff as well as the 46 at the same speeds feels like it is on rails begging to be unleashed. Class dismissed.

Sean

vonwolske 06-25-2002 11:29 PM

Stinson, try to work on the syntax. The meaning of your last sentence is ambiguous. Which one is on rails, and why? I know you are precisionist.

Offshore Roller 06-26-2002 12:54 AM

I have a 42 Straight Bottom. Cobra 1100s and Dry Sump #6s. Excellent boat for the rough. As for having the 575s and XRs...in a word, bulletproof. He doesn't want hastles, buy that package. However, no stepped boat i've been in yet has outpreformed the ride of a straight bottom. Now granted , steps are for speed and can be made to work well (Outerlimits 42) however I have yet to ride in one so I cannot comment on the ride quality (outerlimits 42) , but I can already see this turning into a "fit and finish, this boat's great bs" thread when I say this. So, don't reply to my message and save yourself the trouble. But if your friend wants reliable, that package sounds great!

---Roller

thisistank 06-26-2002 05:33 PM

Thanks Roller, your point is well taken.;) He definately wants a non-hastle set-up and isn't looking for HUGE numbers. His current boat will run very close to 100 but he never gets over 75 at the most. Just feels no need for it. I think he'll be happy with this Tiger.

Sean,

I too have heard Cigarette is up to some top secret stuff over there in regards to the Tiger....Something about a new bottom;)
I'll be finding more out this weekend hopefully. Another friend is getting ready to have a Tiger built and has gotten some inside info.;) ;)

sean stinson 06-26-2002 06:03 PM

Von Wolske you always have to break my balls bro whats up with that. The 46 felt extremely solid and predictable at 100+ thus the phrase it feels like it is on rails.:p :p :p :p

vonwolske 06-29-2002 04:20 PM

Stinson, you forgot more about Cigarettes than most people will ever know. I wasn't busting you, it was just that the meaning of the last sentence was unclear, and we all have inquiring minds and need to know. So, now, rumor has it you have a new gf.