Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers.... >

A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers....

Notices

A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers....

Old 06-24-2002, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts
Default A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers....

My buddy is putting a deposit on the 2002 miami boat show Tiger. It has the 575's and XR's with boxes on it.
Anyone have any probs with this set up?? Drives hold up good?? He doesn't want anymore problems with drives like on his last boat (before he put #3's on).

Also he is asking for opinions on aluminum trailers vs. steel. I personally think steel looks better (especially when it's a Myco they are offering). But he does 90% of his boating here in the ocean so he's considering an aluminum. Any negative or positives with either??

I've been in a non-stepped Tiger and like the way it rode in big seas alot. Anyone have any experience with a stepped tiger?? And can anyone answer why the new Merc 1050's don't perform well on the stepped tiger?? He is a little aprehensive about buying a stepped boat but has decided to buy this boat anyway.

Now I know the arguement of stepped vs. non stepped is like an endless conversation I just want to know how a stepped Tiger performs. Handles well? loose? squirly in turns? handles rough water good? I've been in a few stepped (and non-stepped) guns and like the way the steps ride on them. We are just looking for feedback on the Tiger. Anyone??? Thanks.

Tank
Old 06-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Offshore Roller

The main problem with the 42 tiger and big blower motors is the fact that the motors are moved forward because of the transmissions in the 6s. There’s too much weight moved over the steps. They had a 42 w/ 6s and it purposed so bad it was dangerous. They put 1000lbs of weight in the boat forward to get rid of the problem, it worked for the most part but it wasn’t impractical to carry 1k of lead weight. The 42 is a BRAVO only boat, not to say it couldn’t theoretically work with 3-As w/ the tranny in the boxes. Who knows. But essentially it’s built for bravos.

--Roller

Old 06-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Ahhhhh, that explains the problem with the big power/and 6's. By the way, I heard from a pretty good source cigarette has something in the works to remidy thist problem!

So do you think this will be a good package with the 575's and XR's? Have you dealt with this package?? any probs?? What power/drives are you running in yours?? And is it stepped?
Old 06-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the Tiger T/S that tried the big power w/#6's is sitting on a lift in Shoreline Village/Long Beach. The boat is BEAUTIFUL. My understanding is what Roller was saying. The transom was filled and the 575/Bravo package was installed. The boat is owned by someone who just wants to have a Cig. It is never in the water. I doubt if it has 20 hours on it over the past year.

What a waste

p.s. The 42 Tiger T/S is a Bravo only boat

I think my next boat will be a Bravo Tiger w/o steps .... I'll make it work. Who's looking for a pretty clean Cafe Racer?

Last edited by cigarette1; 06-24-2002 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:55 PM
Registered

G, give me the deal of a life time on the Cafe dog!! The guy that owns that Tiger you're talking about had it out and was running it for the Long beach races...Where were you by the way??? That boat is very nice and I hear he is selling it, wants to get a rough rider You kick down the Cafe and you can buy his Tiger!!

By the way...Were you running with everyone on Saturday??
Old 06-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Tank ... You know I'd do the best I can for you, but I've gotta' get out of the loan and figure out how to get that monthly nut for a Tiger.

I had family shizzy the weekend of the races. I was out this past weekend ... NICE water Saturday, or maybe I should say MEAN water Saturday afternoon, if you know what I mean.

G
Old 06-24-2002, 06:11 PM
Registered

I hear ya. Check that other thread. I'd like to hear the update on that situation on Saturday.

I should be getting my boat back next week!! For sale asap!! I want a cafe brother.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tank call and give me the list on your boat. or email. [email protected] include pics and specs

Matt
Old 06-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Registered

Matt, which boat? My boat, the Tiger or the Scarab my friend is trading or selling??
Old 06-25-2002, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have a 2001 Tiger "ENDANGERED SPECIES" with Zul 700's on a Myco trailer. This was the brochure boat and in every magazine etc.. It is like new and can be bought for 300K. 92 mph all day long.

Quick Reply: A few questions about 42 Tigers.....And trailers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.