Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run in Norfolk, Va. Beach Area. . .bring your "Offshore" boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27257-poker-run-norfolk-va-beach-area-bring-your-offshore-boat.html)

BillR 07-24-2002 03:58 PM

FYI:

The "Narrows" is right down from Marina Shores.
Marina Shores is a stop on the poker run and is offering free launch, and free/secure trailer parking for anyone travelling down.

The Narrows is a good beach, with a noke wake zone for everyone to gather and talk it up.

BryanTuvell 07-24-2002 04:44 PM

Bill, what is a noke wake zone?
do you mean nookie?
COOL! I'll take two!
Bryan

Super Hawaii 40 07-24-2002 05:41 PM

St. Judes Hospital

Pablo,
Hope you had a good run up the James after we parted and headed south. I enjoyed your rum and hope to have as much fun at the St. Judes run. The fun one might have here at the Ocean front is easy for us now because we all have been there. Once you make the run down the Resort Strip you will realize how much it is like running the lower James in a good wind. The waves are more like moguls on a ski slope then the chop you get inside and a lot more fun to play with. I used to take my 27 Fountain there all the time and you will have a blast.
THE LITTLE CREEK POKER RUN WILL BE THE BIGGEST EVENT GOING ON THE EAST COAST FOR THE FIRST WEEKEND IN AUGUST. AirCraft Carriers, Battleships, ocean "Off Shore" and down here we can call it that, running, and two partys and ditty bags with two T-shirts to start. See you then.
See you then.

BillR 07-25-2002 09:05 AM

SH 40,

It will be a big event. Lots of nice boats to see:
Cigarettes, Donzi's, Sunsations, Super Hawaii, Fountains, Fourmulas, Velocity's, . . .oh, and a PowerQuest here and there too. :D ;)

Bryan,
Sorry 'bout the spelling. I guess I have been reading to many of your posts! :eek: :D :D

Any more OSO'ers going to make the trip?

BryanTuvell 07-25-2002 01:10 PM

Just ribbing ya Bill... ;)
I have been busy catching up on maitenance of the boat.
Today I will finally mount the spare on the new trailer!

Plans for Saturday yet?
Bryan

BillR 07-25-2002 02:33 PM

Sturday plans? Boatin!!:D

Gotta change the oil & filter Fri afternoon. :(

BryanTuvell 07-25-2002 02:57 PM

I hear on fluids, just did all mine.

Saturday?? We will likely go to Jamestown.

I guy from the Donzi net is considering the run too, we should be 25 to 30 boats strong by now.
Bryan

Reckless32 07-29-2002 02:02 PM

We're getting a lot of interest down the stretch. Local media has been blazing away with commercials. Posters are going up everywhere and it looks like the raft-up barge for Bay Point Marina is gonna happen, so I'm boatin' over Friday night.

So far the forecast looks good for plan-A (big water route) and the ski-mogul stuff Super Hawaii 40 was talkin' about....:D :cool:

BryanTuvell 07-29-2002 02:07 PM

Rick, what is thee start time for our boats Saturday a.m. at Little Creek?
Bryan

Cignificant 07-29-2002 02:36 PM

Bryan, I think the schedule is:

Friday---
5:00 - Start checking in
7:00 - Captain's meeting
Later - "throw down"

Saturday---
10:00 PR start (I'm planning on arriving by 9-9:30am)

See you then. Watch out for those "flying mullets"!