Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ocean Performance : Great asset to the boating community!! >

Ocean Performance : Great asset to the boating community!!

Notices

Ocean Performance : Great asset to the boating community!!

Old 03-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts
Default Ocean Performance : Great asset to the boating community!!

As many guys on here know I'm not one of the fortunate ones who can afford to buy a boat complete or pay someone to do all my service and repairs. I learn as i go and buy what I need when I can however I can, most of the time used.
This winter I bought my excalibur from Kreed who had it stored at OP. I had very little dealings with them other than buying some used parts at the swap meet. Hanging around there I got to know Chris and his staff quite well and did some diesel repair work for them.
I traded off some of the work for parts, and indoor storage for the remainder of the season.
Since then they have opened the doors for me whenever I wanted to work on my boat, loaned me tools, equipment, experience, and access to just about anything marine related I could need. They even put my boat on one of there trailers until I finish rebuilding the one I purchased from them (for a great deal).
I can not thank everyone at Ocean Performance enough for everything they've done to help a boater on a budget with big dreams. Where else can you go that the owner of the company will take time out of his day to drive down to the ramp and help you launch your boat ?
I highly recommend them to any and all boaters looking for a great facility with old school down to earth personalized service.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Great group of people from the sounds of it, looks like you been adopted.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Well said, lil red!

Just like you, I've been a junk yard dog for years. What I've always liked about Chris and the guys at Ocean Performance is they are real people who are genuine with no ego. They treat you well weather you're looking for an old Gil manifold or a new boat!

I'm bummed that we missed the swap meet last fall, hope they do another one this year!

Kurt
Old 03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Well said, lil red!

Just like you, I've been a junk yard dog for years. What I've always liked about Chris and the guys at Ocean Performance is they are real people who are genuine with no ego. They treat you well weather you're looking for an old Gil manifold or a new boat!

I'm bummed that we missed the swap meet last fall, hope they do another one this year!

Kurt
Exactly, I'm most likely never going to buy a big dollar boat or brand new merc powerplant, but get treated just the same as people dropping thousands on service or buying a boat, it's a great feeling that isnt always the case with this industry unfortunately. Hopefully cpba and op can organize another swap meet, was great time and cleaned quite a bit out of the shop
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Registered

lending a hand and ideas to my cooling issue (Frank "4195" was a big help to)
Attached Thumbnails Ocean Performance : Great asset to the boating community!!-dscn0145.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 100%. The swap meet was great and I found exactly what I needed for fair prices thanks to Chris and his crew.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
As many guys on here know I'm not one of the fortunate ones who can afford to buy a boat complete or pay someone to do all my service and repairs. I learn as i go and buy what I need when I can however I can, most of the time used.
This winter I bought my excalibur from Kreed who had it stored at OP. I had very little dealings with them other than buying some used parts at the swap meet. Hanging around there I got to know Chris and his staff quite well and did some diesel repair work for them.
I traded off some of the work for parts, and indoor storage for the remainder of the season.
Since then they have opened the doors for me whenever I wanted to work on my boat, loaned me tools, equipment, experience, and access to just about anything marine related I could need. They even put my boat on one of there trailers until I finish rebuilding the one I purchased from them (for a great deal).
I can not thank everyone at Ocean Performance enough for everything they've done to help a boater on a budget with big dreams. Where else can you go that the owner of the company will take time out of his day to drive down to the ramp and help you launch your boat ?
I highly recommend them to any and all boaters looking for a great facility with old school down to earth personalized service.

Let me tell you what I have known Chris for like 30 years now and Carol and the rest of the gang for like 15....you won't find a better group of people in the industry.....

Out of all the OG marine guys he is the last man standing!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

+1
I feel very fortunate to have Ocean Performance in my neck of the woods. They have been wonderful to deal with on all the boats I own. Whether it be painting, graphics, towing, or mechanical work, they do it all with great precision and at an affordable price. I really appreciate all the help they have given me and look forward too many great years ahead doing business with them.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Registered

mike i got a quick peak at the skater today looks great !
Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean well said, Chris is an A+ guy and so is the rest of the staff, I have known them for years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.