Notices

Boat tie up etiquette

Old 03-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
always error on the safe side....bare feet. Shows respect for the other guys boat cause it's not your call whether it's a nice boat or not...it's his call. And never tie up off another boat unless you have permission. Btw it's easier getting permission with a set of big cans asking to tie off than it is with one of the 6 drunken slobs with camo wifebeaters on
+1
Old 03-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts

we do alot of poker runs and walking the decks barefoot is preferred. the backs of boats are all different some have no where to walk and then you might have water and exhaust soot then you track it to the next guys clean boat. I have never met a boater who would rather you walk on his interior than fiberglass.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by matthewr
+1 on everything that was said. I cannot stand someone that just walks across my bow and not say a word. Ive seen this a million times. I guess its just me. Cannot stand to have my bow perfectly scratch free and clean and here we go some drunk jack a** does it. You hate to say anything but it happens I guess. The other part, dont get me wrong, I love women, but they have ZERO respect for anything you own. Sorry, rant is over.
Plus 1
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Registered

X-Formula rep Vic Spellburg, jumped on about 7-8 Formula customer boats while rafted up at the docks in Milwaukee 2005 Windy Run, with his deck shoes probably full of stone grit from the concrete + gravel dock wall.

He slowly trotted across everyone's nice shiny bows - What a MORON
Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Deck shoes are for the dock bare feet are for the boat.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by matthewr
The other part, dont get me wrong, I love women, but they have ZERO respect for anything you own.
+1. Not all, but a lot of women have no clue about boating etiquette. Most of it is just ignorance on their part cuz they don't know any better, but you need to watch out for them. Generally they'll be the ones to get all sloshed and spill their foo-foo grape, strawberry, orange, or whatever color drinks they're consuming all over your boat. Noticed no one else has touched on this, but as a boat owner you do need to keep your eye on them....plus if they catch you staring at them you can just say you're looking out for your boat
Old 03-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Just don't be that wierd tight-up stranger scared of other ppl. Boating is social and fun, usually ppl are friendly.
+1 to this also
Old 03-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Ladies....removing ones top before crossing the boat is considered good form. My 2 cents
Old 03-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 385 Likes on 154 Posts

Barefeets only please and if your smokin on my boat , you better be on fire!!!I hope to see you slingen large bumpers over the side , NOOO tampons !!!Do these things for me and i'll give you a cold one or two.....
Old 03-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO782
+1. Not all, but a lot of women have no clue about boating etiquette. Most of it is just ignorance on their part cuz they don't know any better, but you need to watch out for them. Generally they'll be the ones to get all sloshed and spill their foo-foo grape, strawberry, orange, or whatever color drinks they're consuming all over your boat. Noticed no one else has touched on this, but as a boat owner you do need to keep your eye on them....plus if they catch you staring at them you can just say you're looking out for your boat
watch out for those damn toe rings! they will do lots fo damage.. i seen it myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.