Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Changing the spelling of a boat name? >

Changing the spelling of a boat name?

Notices

Changing the spelling of a boat name?

Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing the spelling of a boat name?

The name is CHAOS. It was an APBA F1 race boat back in its day. Can I change it to KHAOS without any superstitious reprecutions? Its just the way its spelled. It will still be pronounced the same way. I have started this orange theme on the boat and want to rob the Monster energy drink print of the word, KHOAS.

Ever tried an Orange crush made with it? Good stuff! No, Im not gay...lol
Old 03-31-2012, 05:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by My Addiction
The name is CHAOS. It was an APBA F1 race boat back in its day. Can I change it to KHAOS without any superstitious reprecutions? Its just the way its spelled. It will still be pronounced the same way.
.lol
Only if YOU are superstitious..
Old 03-31-2012, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rattlesnake jake
only if you are superstitious..
+1
Old 03-31-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered

U will die a miserable death!!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

The sea gods dont do phonics, they read. If you send me $500 I will do the ceremony for you and you will not have bad luck. Its a bargain considering what it costs to replace engines and drives.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I grew up hanging around people like Sammy James, Errol Lanier, Smitty, etc and each had some serious superstitions. You couldn't park your boat under a tree because leaves would fall in it. Leaves where "Green" and "Nothing" On or In the boat could be green. I learned to Not own or wear anything Green, No one would buy me anything green. once for christmas someone bought some green pants, I wouldn't wear them, until one time I was going out to ride 3 wheelers I decided I'd wear the new green pants and probably ruin them, well, I came home with stitches on my pecker from the foot peg on my 250r atc. over the years I learned to Not be so superstisious and I own a green Mazda pickup. But a s a precaution I'd send BlueThunder the $500 or your screwed
Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
I grew up hanging around people like Sammy James, Errol Lanier, Smitty, etc and each had some serious superstitions. You couldn't park your boat under a tree because leaves would fall in it. Leaves where "Green" and "Nothing" On or In the boat could be green. I learned to Not own or wear anything Green, No one would buy me anything green. once for christmas someone bought some green pants, I wouldn't wear them, until one time I was going out to ride 3 wheelers I decided I'd wear the new green pants and probably ruin them, well, I came home with stitches on my pecker from the foot peg on my 250r atc. over the years I learned to Not be so superstisious and I own a green Mazda pickup. But a s a precaution I'd send BlueThunder the $500 or your screwed
So when they were doing the sew job did you ask them to add a little more??
Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
So when they were doing the sew job did you ask them to add a little more??
That F'n Funny, No didn't get any extra. But when it comes to people comparing scars or a conversation piece I usually rate right up there
Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
The name is CHAOS. It was an APBA F1 race boat back in its day. Can I change it to KHAOS without any superstitious reprecutions? Its just the way its spelled. It will still be pronounced the same way. I have started this orange theme on the boat and want to rob the Monster energy drink print of the word, KHOAS.

My wife is convinced there is something to this renaming situation. She is now planning a renaming party for us soon.

http://boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Take a look at this link.