Some quick Tampa PR pics from today... >

Some quick Tampa PR pics from today...

Notices

Some quick Tampa PR pics from today...

Old 04-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
You were here, tank? Sorry we missed ya.

It rained like hell for a good while right at about noon. We just barely hauled back to the marina before all heck broke loose. We saw a boat at the marina get whacked by lightning.
No, I wasn't there. Jason drove up from Lauderdale and sent me those pics.

Sucks the weather didn't cooperate. But could be worse I guess...Could be sitting in snow freezing yer azz off!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
See u in Havasu Tank!
Indeed! We'll be there Thursday.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Tank thanks for posting the pictures.

It was an interesting day. Jackson's was a good time but the rain definitely put a damper on things. The storm was pretty nasty but only for a little while and luckily we we're already at another bar by the time it came down then it cleared up later...just like LS said, if you don't like the weather wait about 10 mins
Old 04-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
No, I wasn't there. Jason drove up from Lauderdale and sent me those pics.

Sucks the weather didn't cooperate. But could be worse I guess...Could be sitting in snow freezing yer azz off!
Gotcha. First line, don't know how I missed that.
Anyway, nice shots! Thanks.

Sure the weather could have been better, but that's just how it is around here sometimes.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
WE got to the lunch stop early, said a few hello's. After lunch the FPC group took off, we just chilled for a few, then I dropped my phone in the water at Jacksons. After 1/2 hour or trying to find it, I gave up, then of course we got stuck in the storm. Terentual rain, wind, cold, extrimely rough ride, no boats around anywhere, dark. hellava mess. I couldn't believe the bay could get so nasty, but we got back to the ramp ok. Just by the time it started clearing up. Sore as hell, now, but the Avanti showed her true colors getting through that $hit. Couple of my passengers were white as my seats.
I give your boat more and more credit the more I'm on it. Not for anything but I was shocked at how well your 33 avanti handled that storm, I mean it took a beating and kept asking for more. I thought the ride was confortable except for the rain hitting your eyes and not being able to see. I gotta give it to you Pete that was some good driving but even more credit to your boat that thing is a tank and still hauls ass. I inspected the bottom of your boat after getting back to the dock and not one single stress crack or anything. That boat was definitely well built!

By the way I still think we should get the award for best looking crew, all the other boats thought so as well! lol

Last edited by 272bajadriver; 04-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Hey Guys!

I was on Speed Racer and actually the run worked out pretty well! We started earlier in the day in St. Pete, and Tampa was the lunch stop. When we got news of the incoming storm, we booked out of there, skipped the last stop and as far as I know everybody made it back to St. Pete before the rain hit there.

It was a nasty washing machine day on the Bay but it was great! FPC did a great job with the whole run. I will post some pics up later when we get them.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom it was nice meeting you and Bob C and the rest of the crew of Speed Racer friday night
at TAPS. Make sure you guys stop in and say hello when ever your in Tampa.

Jamie
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Tom it was nice meeting you and Bob C and the rest of the crew of Speed Racer friday night
at TAPS. Make sure you guys stop in and say hello when ever your in Tampa.

Jamie
Thanks Jamie!

TAPS rocked and I can't stop telling people about it. The whole weekend was great but by far the Friday night run for drinks and dinner was the highlight! We will definitely be back and be recommending to anyone heading to Tampa!

Thanks Again for the hospitality,
Tom
Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Hey Guys!

I was on Speed Racer and actually the run worked out pretty well! We started earlier in the day in St. Pete, and Tampa was the lunch stop. When we got news of the incoming storm, we booked out of there, skipped the last stop and as far as I know everybody made it back to St. Pete before the rain hit there.
Well.. not everybody... We didn't really do the run, but we sure got the worse of the storm. Overall a good day, nothing broke, safely back home. (now I just need a serious back rub.. )
Old 04-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 272bajadriver
I give your boat more and more credit the more I'm on it. Not for anything but I was shocked at how well your 33 avanti handled that storm, I mean it took a beating and kept asking for more. I thought the ride was confortable except for the rain hitting your eyes and not being able to see. I gotta give it to you Pete that was some good driving but even more credit to your boat that thing is a tank and still hauls ass. I inspected the bottom of your boat after getting back to the dock and not one single stress crack or anything. That boat was definitely well built!

By the way I still think we should get the award for best looking crew, all the other boats thought so as well! lol
Thanks bud.. but I wouldn't call it a "comfortable" ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.