"Water Rage" - Society goes downhill... >

"Water Rage" - Society goes downhill...

Notices

"Water Rage" - Society goes downhill...

Old 06-24-2002, 11:51 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default "Water Rage" - Society goes downhill...

Found this on BoaterEd.com. A sad day, caused by a couple of morons. Seems like that's all it takes these days....

Boater attacked in river 'rage'

By Dewey Fox June 21, 2002

In an apparent case of "road rage" on the water, a boater was assaulted Wednesday night while docked at Ordinary Point on the Sassafras River.

The Cecil County Sheriff's Office said the man was flown to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center with serious head trauma. He was admitted in critical condition.

The people who had been boating with the victim, whose name is being withheld by the Whig, said he had been attacked by two men earlier in the evening.

According to the Sheriff's Office, the two suspects, who were in a pontoon boat, approached the victim while his boat was beached at Ordinary Point. They reportedly accused the victim of "bad boating" and, after a brief argument, attacked him.

Witnesses claimed that the suspects first punched the victim. After he had been knocked down, one of the suspects held the victim's arms while the other kicked him.

The Coast Guard received a call via radio concerning the assault at about 7 p.m. Individuals who had been boating with the victim informed the Coast Guard they needed medical assistance and were heading toward Kent County, a Sheriff's Office official said.

A Cecil County Sheriff's Deputy was dispatched to Georgetown Yacht Club in Kent County where he found the victim semi-conscious. A Med-evac helicopter was sent to the scene.

The suspects fled eastward on the Sassafras and were last seen heading toward the area of Back Creek on the river, the Sheriff's Office said.

One of the suspects was described by the Sheriff's Office as 6-feet-tall and around 240 pounds with short brown hair and numerous tattoos. The other suspect was said to be about 5'6'', 150 to 165 pounds, also with brown hair and several tattoos.

The victim of the assault is currently in serious but stable condition, a Shock Trauma spokeswoman said.

The Sheriff's Office is currently investigating this incident. There were several boats anchored off Ordinary Point at the time of the incident and they asked anyone who witnessed the assault to come forward with information.

Contact Dewey Fox at [email protected] or 410-398-3311.

©Cecil Whig 2002
Old 06-25-2002, 07:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Re: "Water Rage" - Society goes downhill...

Originally posted by C_Spray
Found this on BoaterEd.com. A sad day, caused by a couple of morons. Seems like that's all it takes these days....

Boater attacked in river 'rage'

The Sheriff's Office is currently investigating this incident. There were several boats anchored off Ordinary Point at the time of the incident and they asked anyone who witnessed the assault to come forward with information.

Who knows what the circumstances were, maybe the guy had it coming. However, It's sad that nobody was willing to help the guy.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C-Spray..that's your stomping grounds......isn't it? Been going down to that area alot lately. Hope they aren't allergic to lead..the wife packs.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Dave, that's what I was thinking..the story says his friends witnessed the attack...where the hell were they??? Sheesh, hope my friends would save my ass!!!!!

Either way, hate to see this happening, but it seems as if more stories like this are cropping up. Loved the description of the suspects...bet they couldn't get back to the trailer fast enough!!!

WM
Old 06-25-2002, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

See what happens when you make boating more accessable to the masses!!!!!

Jon
Old 06-25-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sad, even sadder his freinds just watched.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:37 AM
supercrash

Ya Audio....more accessable..now every yuppie bonehead has a family boat that he has no idea how to drive....Like Dave M said..He probably had it coming... ....

Troutly here is a question for you...Police will have you believe that the people with the road rage are the problem...instead of the ******* who cuts him off without a signal or driving slow in the left or driving the wrong way on a one way....I have a bad road rage and I feel why the hell should I learn to just change my life to fit around these yoyos that have been driving for 30 years and still don't have a clue..I think they(ones causing road rage) should be the ones to change...everytime I see someone on TV get assaulted in a road rage video I get a warm feeling inside , and feel like street justice has been served....so Troutly Who is really at fault....?....The ragers or the clueless drivers....?.....

Old 06-25-2002, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

SC, I agree with what you are saying to an extent. "Agressive Driving" seems to be a big buzz word these days. The times that I feel agressive is usually in response to someone else doing something stupid. An example if this is people who like to drive slow in the left lane. It often forces other "sane" drivers to do things they would not normally do.

Back to the original story. I witness people around me doing stupid and annoying things all the time. I would never resort to physical violence unless my, family, or friends safety depended on it. Any two men that would beat another man like that should not be walking the streets. People need to learn to just walk away from trouble. It's usually the jerks that have nothing to loose that do things like that.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by supercrash
Ya Audio....more accessable..now every yuppie bonehead has a family boat that he has no idea how to drive....Like Dave M said..He probably had it coming... ....

Troutly here is a question for you...Police will have you believe that the people with the road rage are the problem...instead of the ******* who cuts him off without a signal or driving slow in the left or driving the wrong way on a one way....I have a bad road rage and I feel why the hell should I learn to just change my life to fit around these yoyos that have been driving for 30 years and still don't have a clue..I think they(ones causing road rage) should be the ones to change...everytime I see someone on TV get assaulted in a road rage video I get a warm feeling inside , and feel like street justice has been served....so Troutly Who is really at fault....?....The ragers or the clueless drivers....?.....
Sometimes it takes a BIGGER MAN to walk away.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:59 AM
supercrash

Bob...thats what I mean....The driver that is 10 under in the left and makeing everybody pass them to the right is creating a dangerous situation for everybody...yet they are in dream land...then nobody honks or flips the bird or follows them home and beats them in their front lawn to let them know that THEY are the problem...and they better learn to drive with others in mind...If everybody walks the other way then the problem never gets fixed...And I am proud to say that I have "Fixed" a few drivers of their problem...nothing physicial...But you would be suprised at how well a middle aged hindu lady will respond to a curse filled verbal assault delivered like a drill instructer...

Quick Reply: "Water Rage" - Society goes downhill...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.