Notices

Boat covers

Old 06-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Tejas Raz

Guess you're driving a BAT BOAT now! Hey, sounds like the thing handles pretty good but I'd paid money to see you chine-walking back to the house.

-Duckin n' Runnin now!

Pretty funny story,
Scott

Old 06-26-2002, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by jokerswild
Ot- whats up nick? we've got some more "outa towners" coming in this weekend for the first week in july, so we'll be out on the water hopefully everyday including the weekend. Give me a shout on the cfone when you're out
Will do Buddy!...It's been a while!
Take Care!
Old 06-26-2002, 09:20 AM
jokerswild

TooOld- "bat-mitten?" sounds like a new extreme summer olympic event! Also have u tried driving wooden spikes into them lil critters? The holy water works good too!

Old 06-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try putting dryer sheets (like Bounce) in a few places around your boat. It does wonders for keeping mice, squirrels, etc. out.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Dont be mad at me, but my eyes are watering from laughing so hard !!!
Old 06-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Offshore Addiction

FYI....

Bat Colony Infested Bradenton Apartment; Extermination Illegal
The Associated Press
Published: Jun 26, 2002

BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Grant Griffin's one-bedroom apartment isn't big enough for him and the bats that have turned up in his shower, sink and sheets.
But it's Griffin that's moving.

Exterminators are not allowed to kill the bats, which are considered native wildlife and can't be trapped or poisoned, said University of Florida assistant professor Mark Hostetler. They can only be killed if they are rabid, which county health officials are testing for after Griffin and his girlfriend discovered bite marks.

"I'm freaked out. I'm about as freaked out as I can get," said Griffin, 49. "I feel like there are things crawling all over me."

Griffin's landlord at Belmont Park put screens above the air conditioning ducts and patched some holes Tuesday after he complained again.

Bats can be locked out of houses by closing up the holes - as small as half an inch - where they enter.

But that isn't possible in now, in the peak of the three-month bat birthing season, because it would prevent mother bats from returning to their babies inside. The babies would die and the stench would be unbearable, said Hostetler.