Notices

Boat transport expenses

Old 04-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42

.87/mi
And that wasn't even the cheapest bid!! Had a guy bid it for 1k but the camper he was towing to Cali broke an axel on the way out and he couldn't pick up my boat for another two weeks so I went with the second bidder.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know how they can make money!!!!....Like I stated many times it costs a buck a mile for my equipment to basically sit in the driveway and then when you move it the costs go up from there!!!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Use some common sense to figure out what it will cost.
Fuel. Truck. Maintenance. Insurance. Dead head between loads. License. Etc.
You get what you pay for....anyone hauling cheap is illegal or on their way out of business.

Do not use U ship!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Cheap is great... UNTIL ANYTHING goes wrong, and you are possibly left without anyone or anything to go back after, which may include your boat if they just leave it behind.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Use some common sense to figure out what it will cost.
Fuel. Truck. Maintenance. Insurance. Dead head between loads. License. Etc.
You get what you pay for....anyone hauling cheap is illegal or on their way out of business.

Do not use U ship!
are you saying from personal experience? just had one uneventful boat delivered by one of their guys and have another shipment coming up.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

call bigchubby
Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

i have to agree with do not use uship, when i sold my baja the buyer used uship, guy picked up boat from me and the buyer calls me 2 days later, a pa to wi haul, roughly 800 miles, and the guys stopped for maintence on his truck 2 hours west of me and his truck got repo'ed, i drove out and picked up boat and brought it back, now uship did reimberse me for my expenses but after that i would recommend a quality shipper, you def get what you pay for, the unknown of the cheapest guy is not worth the possibility of something going wrong and being really screwed, i got lucky
Old 04-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

thay being said quality drive away brought my nordic from havasu for 2600, 2300 mile trip, he did have a pickup in ohio so i know i benefitted from that, but they were very professional and kept me updated every morning and night on distance traveled, highly recommend
Old 04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I had to move my 353 FasTech from Las Vegas to Buffalo, NY (2300 miles) in 2009 and had great luck using USHIP. With USHIP, you don't necesarily want to choose the lowest bid on your transport, you want to go with the best rated company that also offers you a fair price. Take the time to read the feedback that other customers have left for the transporters that have bid on your shipment.

The guy I ended up hiring thru USHIP (craneman4) works alone with his 3/4 ton pick-up truck and has his DOT#'s and is insured. He is not a broker, he is the one who picks up, hauls and delivers your shipment. It does not sit in a yard somewhere waiting while someone tries to find someone else to haul it. THAT'S what I was looking for, someone who would be responsible for the transportation of my new boat from start to finish.

I ended up paying $2,240.00 (aprox. $1.00 per mile) which I thought was a very fair price... Other bids came in a few hundred cheaper, but I went with craneman4 for the reasons stated. For my own peace of mind, I also had my insurance agent bind my own coverage on the boat in case anything went wrong on the way here... That way, I felt like I had double protection for the long journey home.

Good luck with your shipment!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

The company I work for which does hotshots "mostly for the oil and gas industry" we charge $3.50 a mile hauling "that to the destination and not round trip" plus the fuel charge witch is I tink about 22 cents a mile.

so a 500 mile haul would be 1,750 + 110"fuel charge"=$1,860.00

when you get someone to transport your boat make sure they have the required insurance and stickers. "you dont want your boat being held up on the side of the road or at weight and scales station.

Hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.