More Start Pics
This boat started out as a 2 owner freshwater boat that was built in Illinois. These are some of the best built 32's on the market even today. As you can see this boat was all original and in good condition with a pair of stock Mercury 525SC's, Bravo Drives, Gaffrig Gauges and sitting on a 1996 MYCO Aluminum Trailer.
As more and more people realize that you can take an older boat and give it a modern look for a fraction of the cost of trading into a new vessel. We have decided to offer this service within our structured service department.
For this particular project the boat will be completely de–rigged to a plug, removing every last wire, bolt and screw. The starting point for this project will be a bare hull that will be brought to date with a modern cabin & newly upholstered cockpit by Gary Bridges @ Marine System Design, cleaned up, fared and painted bilge with new exterior graphics by Mitcher T Custom Painting, restoration and powdercoat the trailer by MYCO Trailers and rigged by our service department.
Here is a list of the modifications that will take place during restoration and transformation.
1) The cabin will be re-designed with more seating, marine grade synthetic leather upholstery, glueless headliner, LED cup holders, LED accent lighting. The installation will be done by Pier 57 and the design and the cabin and cockpit re-skin will be done by Gary Bridges @ Marine System Design.
2) The cockpit hardware will be stripped and all hardware will be re powder coated.
3) The addition of LIVORSI LED cup holders and new LIVORSI LED cockpit lighting.
3) The cockpit interior will be re-upholstered with MOBERN silver carbon fiber material by Marine System Design.
4) The helm will go thru a complete transformation with all new LIVORSI Gauges, Bezels & Switches. Rigging by Pier 57 and custom carbon fiber panels designed by Innotech Products
5) The passenger will receive a full touch screen Garmin Chart Plotter to assist with navigating through waters, complimented by a custom carbon fiber dash panel designed by Innotech Products
6) The stereo will be MB Quart with remotes at the helm and transom, 8 speakers, 2 Sub woofers, 2 amps & a new head unit with IPOD hook up installed by Pier 57.
7) An aluminum swim platform will be added with optional swim ladder by Aluminum Metal Fab
8) The entire transom will be replaced due to moisture issues from the aftermarket added hydraulic steering. During this process the exhaust will be moved from above the rub rail to below the newly installed swim platform. During the transom replacement the bulkhead was found to be moist and replaced as well by Captain Nabbers
9) The paint design has been finalized and will be painted by MITCHER T Custom Painting.
10) The 1996 MYCO aluminum trailer will also go thru a facelift, we will acid wash the trailer and powder coat it to look like a new trailer, with the help of Bill Tweedie @ MYCO Trailers. During this process we will also update to LED lights, lights to shine on the hull at night, convert to elect/hyd brakes and update wheels and tires.
11) Ocean LED Underwater lights will be added to transom for night time
12) Engines were run prior to taking out, leak down completed, compression tested, check on our prop dyno and leak downs recorded. During restoration engines will undergo, valve lash, new engine gaskets, oil changes, water pump impellers, clean and repaint engines Mercury Racing Blue, blast & powder coat engine mounts, general maintenance @ Pier 57
13) Rub rail – Will be replaced with same model that Active Thunder used when the boat was new in 1995, the color will be changed to black to compliment the paint design.
Alan Gordon Pier 57
More Start Pics
Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 04-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Very Nice......can't wait to see the final product........good luck guys........
Can't wait to see all the upgrades.
A well cared for boat is always the best base to start with. Can't wait to see the "totally stripped" pics and then the reconstruction ones. I'm sure it will be awesome when you're done too.
One question though. Are you planning any work on the bottom?
This will be an awesome re-build!
Please show in detail the transom cut down and rebuild.
and keep the pics comin'
We need day to day pics on this one, so glad to see you have picked a 32 Thunder, if ever I were to get involved in a project like this that would be the boat of my choice. The best all round mid-sized hull out there, its got it all. Good luck please keep us posted.
Love these threads!!! Keep the pics coming.
The Cafe' is for SOLD!!!!
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine