Notices

Boat covers

Old 06-25-2002, 02:39 PM
jokerswild

Talking Boat covers

Over the last couple of years I have found numerous critters living in my boat. There are always at least 3 tree frogs at any given time. They seem to like my fishing rod holders in particular, and often jump out at someone in the middle of a fishing trip. We usually just laugh it of. I have found huge spiders, a damn cat, and about a thousand ladybugs living in my bolsters (what's up with that!) Except for the cat I usually don't get too bent out of shape but last night I came across a new tenant.

I took the canvas boot off of my top so I could rinse the dust and pollen out of the folds of the top and a big hairy bat jumped out at me. He didn't fly out until I hit the top with the water, then suddenly this big hairy thing came flying at me, bounced off of my chest (hard) then flew back into the top. It scared the hell out of me and I started violently shaking the top to get him the hell out of there and he came flying out again but he landed on my leg, digging his little claws into the material of my shorts. Well I finally just bailed out of the boat and ran halfway across the yard before realizing the flying rat was still attached to my shorts and climbing towards my crotch. Needless to say I stripped right out of the shorts and ran into the house. Of course my wife was more than just a little mystified as I came running in. We went back a little later to retrieve the shorts and the bat was gone. The whole experience rated about a 9.5 on my wird $hit-O-meter.

Old 06-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering what the neighbors were thinking when you left your pants in the yard.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn Nick!
I guess a "How you been?" would be redundant at this point, huh?

Dude, that had to be the funniest thing I've heard all week. Sorry it had to be at your expense.

Those little fuggers are a real pain in the ass.
Old 06-25-2002, 02:50 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

THAT was some funny chit!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW, anyone get that on film?
Old 06-25-2002, 03:23 PM
Offshore Addiction

Talking

Where is the camera when you need one????

Old 06-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Thank you for that. LMAO!!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 04:37 PM
jokerswild

sorry guys - no camera(thank god! ) If its gonna happen to anyone, might as well be me!!

At least i can make someone else laugh at my expense!

Ot- whats up nick? we've got some more "outa towners" coming in this weekend for the first week in july, so we'll be out on the water hopefully everyday including the weekend. Give me a shout on the cfone when you're out.

later
nick

Old 06-25-2002, 04:50 PM
russ7r

I clinked on here thinking it had something to do with a new type of cover....thanks for the laugh. I would have to say that would have been damn funny to see, until it bites...

Old 06-25-2002, 06:08 PM
Banned

Believe it or not, last evening when I got home, there was some water puddling on my cover, when I pulled it tight, something flew and hit me in the back of the head. I didn't see it, but I'm pretty sure it was a bat. I see them flying around at dusk sometimes. I don't know if it was on the boat, or just happened while I was doing it. Weird to see this post today after the incident.
At least I didn't have to leave any clothing in the yard!

Quick Reply: Boat covers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.