Is a go fast an advantage?

Notices

Is a go fast an advantage?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Thanks
i think im pretty well covered as far as boating, kind of have the best of both worlds
That is a good looking Cig!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Up until the economy tanked for me in 2010, we had a 40' Sea Ray EC. I had people coming in from everywhere to go out on the Sea Ray. Once I couldn't afford the slip rental and maintenance seems like all my "Friends" went elsewhere. The ones that I didn't mind were the few that would hand me $100 for diesel and stay behind to help clean up.

When I sold it and bought the Formula the list got real short...but the true friends are the ones helping me with the restoration.

It's funny how things work out.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Thanks
i think im pretty well covered as far as boating, kind of have the best of both worlds
I like the duffy harbor cruiser...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yep. Have the cruiser in a covered slip with a lift to keep it clean, for every weekend use....and have the Fountain at home if we decided to venture to outta state. Problem is, as we have discovered, the convenience of just hoping in the economy car and driving to the lake where the cruiser is waiting for us, has become so easy, the Fountain never gets used anymore sine we bought the cruiser. 2 yrs it never left garage,last yr we took it out 2 weekends to Cumberland. The hassle of winterizing, registration expense, maintenance stuff like impellers, oil/filter changes each time, just makes it not worth the trouble. Don't see it leaving the garage this yr.
That's the nice thing about having a boat in the slip. You really get spoiled fast. There's no hooking up the trailer, checking trailer lights, dragging it down to the water, paying a ramp fee, putting it in at the ramp, parking the trailer at the ramp, retrieving it at the ramp, dragging it home, washing it, putting it away, unhooking the trailer. With a slip, it's park it, clean it off, and drive home.

Michael
Old 04-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
That's the nice thing about having a boat in the slip. You really get spoiled fast. There's no hooking up the trailer, checking trailer lights, dragging it down to the water, paying a ramp fee, putting it in at the ramp, parking the trailer at the ramp, retrieving it at the ramp, dragging it home, washing it, putting it away, unhooking the trailer. With a slip, it's park it, clean it off, and drive home.

Michael
Exactly !
ed
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Since we bought the Sea Ray I don't take the "other boat" out near as much. We do take a big group, sometimes 15-20 out on weekends and have a great time with the stereo up and all the girls dancing and having a blast. If I had to choose it would be the Sea Ray over the MTI... did I just say that? I'm glad I don't have to choose!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Only if your trying to get laid.
You have obviously never had a cruiser...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Most of the poeple that go boating with me have there own boat. so IF they are riding they are alwasy very help full docking, and putting it back up. Not so much on fuel. But when I ride on theres I also dont help them with fuel.

the frineds i have that are not boaters, know they only come out so often, and its more of me having them as guest then just then tagging along.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
This year I'm going to be the one bumming rides so the shoe is on the other foot!
Al, you mean you are not going to let everyone see your totally mint condition Baja at Desert Storm? They are missing out.

Michael
Old 04-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 192 Posts

Gotta have a hot rod and a cruiser / party barge. Leave the cruiser in the water, rack store the go fast, makes money disappear REAL fast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.