Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor? >

Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?

Notices

Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?

Old 06-26-2002, 06:46 PM
MIdnightRider

Our 5 year old rhino lined his underwear last night, and I found them hidden in the laundry room this morning! Well it looked like Rhino lining by the time I found it!LOL Midnight

Old 06-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts
Question What about heat??

Have only sean black and I would'nt want to walk on it in the sun!!
My Sonic had the black Perelli floor in it when I bought it. No idea of its age but it had broken down and tracked all over the damn boat!!
Gary
Old 06-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts

Midnight Rider- That was cute,that you could laugh and call it RHINO,there might be a copyright infringement but maybe their R&D dept. could use it for something....
Old 06-26-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I spray liners for a living. Stay away from "Rhino". Go with a hot coating at all cost. MUCH better looking and more durable. All "Rhino" has going is a name. It's all marketing.

As for coating your floor with polyurethane. If you do it, go with a lighter color like a gray or something. As someone said, colors will fade though. Cleaning won't be a problem.

If you have any questions email me here [email protected] and I'll help you out.

I've sprayed hundreds of trucks and other things over the past four years.

Buck
Old 06-26-2002, 08:26 PM
jr

Here are those pics I said I would put up. As for staying away from it I won't make any comments but these pictures should tell you how good it is.

I have hauled, dirt, concrete chunks, lumber, ply wood, firewood, gravel, stones, concrete block, kids toys, leaky fuel tanks, oily motors, clean motors you name it. I don't have any knicks, tears, separtations, nothing. Ive washed it twice. But as you'll see, it doesn't come completely clean. And its 5 years old.

This one is as it looked orginally:
Attached Thumbnails Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?-gloss.jpg  

Old 06-26-2002, 08:28 PM
jr

This one is at the tailgate showing before cleaning a spot. Its beveled at a 45 degree angle, but it is at least 1/4 of an inch thick. For durabliltiy of the average Joe Shmo its the cats ass. I'm not a contractor, but I do alot with my pickup. I can't speak to the other spray-ins but this is the best 400.00 bucks I ever spent.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?-dirt.jpg  

Last edited by jr; 06-26-2002 at 08:31 PM.

Old 06-26-2002, 08:34 PM
jr

Here is the last one. You can see it doesn't come completly clean, but I've more or less have abused mine. As for a non slip sole I would think carpet at the least would be better. Although Rhino is an interesting though. Maybe for a fishing boat with the blood and guts stuff. If you look at the edge you can get an idea of the thickness on the bed floor. Its beveled at a 45 but it is at least a 1/4 inch thick. Advertised is 1/4 inch for the bed floor and 1/8 on the walls.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?-cleaned.jpg  

Last edited by jr; 06-26-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Old 06-26-2002, 09:09 PM
Wildfire

Buck, I wouldn't think of having anybody but you take care of it for me. Seeing as how we are "neighbors". We had the dealer spray something in our HD, it looks good and I don't baby it.

Of course, black would be a bad choice because of the heat, but the lighter colors should have similar properties as the Pirelli. I am really wondering if it will stick to the glass or if some weird chemical reaction will make it peel off in chunks.

Thanks for all the good input.

Old 06-26-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wildfire,

I can put what they call a "Gloss Coat" on my coating and keep it from fading at all. I haven't ordered any of this in yet, but I do know that it is an option. I've heard good things about it though. Haven't messed with it because of added cost for the customer. Should be worth the $ for someone that wanted that "Glossy" look for the life of the coating. Keep in mind that most of my customers work their rigs so they could care less how the liner looks in the long run.

I have sprayed fiberglass on severall occasions with good success. Just have to scuff with a grinder, mask, and spray.

Cost might be a factor on a project like this. Having room in my spray booth for a large boat may be a problem too. I know mine wouldn't fit in it.

What brand of liner did your dealer have done for you? Which dealer did you buy your truck from?

Buck
Old 06-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone else posted this one looks nice www.rrtextiles.com

Quick Reply: Anybody rhino line their cockpit floor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.