Notices

Pachanga 22 - good buy?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pachanga 22 - good buy?

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker and have gained a ton of knowledge from y'all. I recently sold my sweet 16 and cannot shake the performance boat itch. I've always had CC's . With a baby boy on the way in 2 months, I've been looking at Sea Ray Pachanga 22's. I'll be using the boat in both fresh and salt, need Cuddy space for baby naps and porti potty, and seating for cruising. Plus I'm a sucker for low production # boats.

My question is this: condition being equal, is 11k a good price for a 454 matted to a bravo? Also, how can I check fuel tank condition? I've found an 89' and a 90' that are in good shape.

Thanks everyone. I posted in he Sea Ray section, but no luck.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've owned two 22 Pachanga's. Still have our small block '86 22P, and had a 454/Alpha 1987 model. They are very well built boats. Have not heard any tank issues but I believe it's accessable through a removable section in the cockpit floor. 11k is rather steep, have seen some decent ones for 8-9k. -I sold my '87 big block boat for 8k.

What part of Maine are you from? I'm on the Songo in Naples.

Good luck,

Kurt
Old 04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Check out regal velocity 230. I love mine, styling like the pachanga, but with a Steve Stepp pad bottom.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered

Biggus- glad you responded! I'm in Falmouth, but took my Sweet 16 on Sebago, Long/Brandy all summer. It was white with a black stripe. The guys at Naples Marine were awesome to me all summer!

I thought 8-9 was more realistic, but wanted to ask the pros. How did you like the 22? I'd be using I on the lakes and Casco Bay.

Originally Posted by Biggus
I've owned two 22 Pachanga's. Still have our small block '86 22P, and had a 454/Alpha 1987 model. They are very well built boats. Have not heard any tank issues but I believe it's accessable through a removable section in the cockpit floor. 11k is rather steep, have seen some decent ones for 8-9k. -I sold my '87 big block boat for 8k.

What part of Maine are you from? I'm on the Songo in Naples.

Good luck,

Kurt
Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Registered

Awesome boat. The pad will kill me in the ocean. It gets choppy quick.

Originally Posted by Waveform
Check out regal velocity 230. I love mine, styling like the pachanga, but with a Steve Stepp pad bottom.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

We really like our 22, it's pretty much the everyday boat that is left in the water all season, had it for 10 yrs now.

They are rugged but not rough water boats. I would not be interested in ocean running unless it was a very calm day. If you've never drove one, you're welcome to try mine out sometime. It will be on the dock within a few weeks.

Kurt
Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Thanks a lot for the info and the offer. I may take you up on it! I have never driven one, and have only seen one on the water on Long Lake. I think red an white?

I like the old school style, and almost every review I've read is positive. Seem to be great boats.

Originally Posted by Biggus
We really like our 22, it's pretty much the everyday boat that is left in the water all season, had it for 10 yrs now.

They are rugged but not rough water boats. I would not be interested in ocean running unless it was a very calm day. If you've never drove one, you're welcome to try mine out sometime. It will be on the dock within a few weeks.

Kurt
Old 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

owned one as well
well constructed little boats
454 Bravo '89
fun, fun, fun in reasonable conditions
only a true 20'6" bottom I believe
excellent slolom type handling
great for twisty river fun

only thing I do not recommend is crashing hammered in the little crawl-in cabin of one!
I still remember that! and it was 20+ years ago...
Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
only thing I do not recommend is crashing hammered in the little crawl-in cabin of one!
I still remember that! and it was 20+ years ago...
Ha! That is funny!!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Registered

I still have mine right now. I love the boat, but the wife wanted something bigger. She is making me sell it. Funny, I actually bought it up in Maine and trailered it all the way back to Texas.

The fuel tank (belly type) can be accessed from the back bench. Take out the fuel sender for the largest opening in the tank. You can see all the way down in there from that point. If my wife would let me keep both I would, just because I can launch the Pachanga alone and put her back on the trailer as well. The Nordic, not so much yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.