Notices

America "0" Florida "3"

Old 04-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
America "0" Florida "3"

Anyone else have any "got fk'd" stories to share with us for the week ending 4/15/12?

1. GTO Offshored - shipping companies not doing what I told them too.

2. Pantera- suppliers not sending us parts to complete new boat purchased 18 months ago. + Pepe's back still sore from 2006 .

3. Tow Jerks stating all is well and we save lives, not just vessels. Motors running well at turn of key.

100th anniv. of Titanic and still turmoil on the high seas
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

Excellent! I personally like the towboat azzhat that thought he might come onboard here and cleanse himself! I'm glad i haven't anything new to add as i believe there has been more than enough bad chit goin on as is! Rich
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

4. Filing and paying your taxes

5. Filing tax returns for over 300 people.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Nurture the sport and grow the expierence!

I know our performance boating marine industry has instances of bad customer service and dealings, but lets not get so negative and start always dwelling on the negatives.
Its my feeling and opinion that for every negative occurance and expierence there are probably 10 or more positive expierences and occurances. Lets face it there are poorly handled and negative outcome situations in almost all industries and markets.
The performance boating industry does not have a lock on these situations!
So, whats to be done. Just what OSO'ers do here on OSO. They should talk straight, factually and properly educated and informed about their expierences and if those expeirences turn out negative, they should first also stand in front of the mirror and ask themselves. Did I as a consumer use good due diligence in selecting who I was going to do business with? Did I do my homework and check out the product, service and company and try and make sure I was not dealing with a problem to begin with? Did I check references and talk to others about their expeirences and outcomes with these entities? Or did I just use things like cheap price, wow advertising and promotion, shallow promises not backed by historical performance to make my choices. Did I protect my self with written contracts on builds and delivery date commitments, ? or was I just naive and believe everything I was told?
What I am saying here is that obviously the performance boating could be a better animal and the outcomes could get closer to that perfect expierence, but lets also be real and understand that it's still a people business and MOST COMPANIES AND THEIR PEOPLE in this industry care, are ethical, do good things and are just trying to make a fair profit and preserve their reputations and businesses. Most customers and users are just trying to get good reliable performance marine products and services that will end up giving them a moderatly trouble free hobby and fun recreation, without the hassles and losses of dealing with the not so good vendors in this industry.
Lets not use OSO to much as a venting and bashing tool but as a solution for issues and problems and positive expierence for the sport of performance boating and the OSO members who contribute and benefit from their expeirences here on the forum!

PROTECT YOUR ASSETS, RID YOURSELF OF LIABILITIES!

OSO IS AN ASSET TO THIS SPORT!
THE BAD EGGS IN THE INDUSTRY ARE LIABILITIES!

Let's try and keep OSO positive and rid ourselves of the bad eggs!

Boating should be fun and a good positive mind set about boating can help it's powerful rewarding expierence!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 04-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

that check i wrote to uncle sam

blew out 2 tires on my truck. so had to buy a set of new ones.

4/15/12 great day
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh

4/15/12 great day
well casy I posted this in the politcal forum earlier...lets hope someone will buy this and all the rest of the manure spreaders world wide!!!!

Fifty-year-old manure spreader - $1 (Washington, D.C.)
Date: 2012-02-14, 10:21AM EST
Reply to: @sale.craigslist.org
Fifty-year old manure spreader. Not sure of brand. Said to have been produced in Kenya. Used for a few years in Indonesia before being smuggled into the US via Hawaii. Of questionable pedigree. Does not appear to have ever been worked very hard. Apparently, it was pampered by various owners over the years. It does not work very often, but when it does, it can really spread the manure and sling it for amazing distances. I am hoping to retire this manure spreader next November. Nevertheless, I really do not want it hanging around and getting in the way. I would prefer a foreign buyer that is willing to relocate it outside of the U.S. Would be willing to trade this manure spreader for a nicely framed copy of the United States Constitution .
Old 04-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lariverratt
well casy i posted this in the politcal forum earlier...lets hope someone will buy this and all the rest of the manure spreaders world wide!!!!

Fifty-year-old manure spreader - $1 (washington, d.c.)
date: 2012-02-14, 10:21am est
reply to: @sale.craigslist.org
fifty-year old manure spreader. Not sure of brand. Said to have been produced in kenya. Used for a few years in indonesia before being smuggled into the us via hawaii. Of questionable pedigree. Does not appear to have ever been worked very hard. Apparently, it was pampered by various owners over the years. It does not work very often, but when it does, it can really spread the manure and sling it for amazing distances. I am hoping to retire this manure spreader next november. Nevertheless, i really do not want it hanging around and getting in the way. I would prefer a foreign buyer that is willing to relocate it outside of the u.s. Would be willing to trade this manure spreader for a nicely framed copy of the united states constitution .
+1
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by caseyh

4/15/12 great day

It could be worse. I did not get to write out a check this year.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
True, but all on the same day. Sucks
Old 04-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
mine go tomorrow!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.