Like Tree0Likes

What does your significant other think about boating?

Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

Default What does your significant other think about boating?

Both my wife and I have grown up around the water and love all things nautical... But when it comes to boats, that's where we differ in opinion! She's the pontooon type that likes a lazy cruise to look at houses and drink wine. I am a full throttle kinda guy, but still respectful and safe. For me the boat is the "thing" to her its just a vehicle that gets her on the water. Just me talking about boats gets an eye roll. Most of my buddies who own boats significant others are the same way...what's it like for you?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member
Trade Score: (8)

My Boats: 99 Warlock 25'SXT Cat " Lunatic Fringe "

I am also married to a CRUISER QUEEN . She loves the soft ride of the cat but keeps one eye on the tach and when it starts moving past 4000 she usally starts swinging unless i got a couple brews in her . Hence the ride along rev limiter . ...
Opposites do attract , it's true .

Last edited by the deep; 04-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatlakestate View Post
Both my wife and I have grown up around the water and love all things nautical... But when it comes to boats, that's where we differ in opinion! She's the pontooon type that likes a lazy cruise to look at houses and drink wine. I am a full throttle kinda guy, but still respectful and safe. For me the boat is the "thing" to her its just a vehicle that gets her on the water. Just me talking about boats gets an eye roll. Most of my buddies who own boats significant others are the same way...what's it like for you?
Your wife and mine should hang out while we go tear up the lake. My wife hates the scarab and wants a larger CC or a cruiser. I can live with a CC if it runs at least 70 I don't think I will win this battle until my kids are older.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Registered

My Boats: 27 Fountain Fever - 540 c.i. Custom built by Rudy Dryden

My wife does not boat often. She will come along if we are going to get something to eat and/or taking friends out for a ride. I to like to go fast but try to refrain when wife is on board.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 2011 sunsation 32 s

wow, i must be in the elite zone then, my wife loves going fast i've never had the boat out without her, hell i've never loaded the boat on the trailer! she watches the weather and when a hot weekend comes she always says "i have gas points at giant" i know what she wants, i do love her love of performance boating, makes my life easier!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 308 Skater

We have a two boats in our dock. Hers is a 26' deck boat mine is a 28' Skater. Everybody is happy! She still loves to go for a bat run in the Skater thou so I count myself very blessed!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

She doesn't care for powerboats at all.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1
Default others!

They all love it! Throttle full forward.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: 29ft magic wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by the deep View Post
I am also married to a CRUISER QUEEN . She loves the soft ride of the cat but keeps one eye on the tach and when it starts moving past 4000 she usally starts swinging unless i got a couple brews in her . Hence the ride along rev limiter . ...
Opposites do attract , it's true .
x2! she says i can get a bigger/faster boat but she's just not interested in going for a fast ride unless she gets a few shots first then she's all for it she's always up for takin the boat out so i guess im lucky when it comes to that.

Last edited by HOTRODREDNECK; 04-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: 33 POWERPLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownhammer2000 View Post
wow, i must be in the elite zone then, my wife loves going fast i've never had the boat out without her, hell i've never loaded the boat on the trailer! she watches the weather and when a hot weekend comes she always says "i have gas points at giant" i know what she wants, i do love her love of performance boating, makes my life easier!!!
Me too. Mine loves the thrill, the speed and rough water. Even on the days I'm content sitting at home she's packed and saying c'mon we are hitting the boat. Doesn't even mind when its windy with no sun.

I recently introduced her to flying so now I'm screwed X2...