If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I did mine like boot. The safest way is to pick up the entire boat, and trailer, block it well. Then pull the trailer up a point where the crossmember gets to a block on the center line. Place a new block behind the cross. Then remove the forward one. In the event the bottle jack slips the boat will only move and 1/8 inch before it gets to a secure block. Only jack it far enough to move the blocks out. Also place a piece of pine or dimensional lumber under the concrete block on the driveway. This will help take up any inconsitancies in the surface of the driveway. I cracked block that didn't set perfectly level. Using the blocks holes down, will give more strength and conform to the surface of the driveway better.

A good alternative to a block at the center line is a SUV jack stand with a piece of carpet in the notch. and it wont crack.

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    jr, I don't know why I just don't go out and buy regular boat stands !? They are not that expensive .I geuss you don't plan ahead and when you have time to do the boat there is no time for shopping

My Boats:
    boating sleeping drinking fishing drinking eating hunting
    Boot- Do you know where I can buy the boat stands? I have another thread floating around begging for someone to lend me a pair.

My Boats:
    97 41' Saber --Ancestral Spirit
    Kingsville----lake erie
    I just did my 40 (12000 lbs) by myself at about 11pm, took about 2 hours- going very slowly-- I did it like Boot but instead i just let the air out of the tires. To put it back on I went and borrowed my painters front stand ---soooo much easier--- Do you have anyone nearby that might have one of those that you could rent?? just need it to take off and put back on let all three points rest on blocks and wood while you do your work. For that matter Floridianson had a good idea-- and you could hang a hammock from them when not in use

Good luck!!! TAKE YOUR TIME, just think how long it will take to lift and fix it if it falls

By the way not too fond of using the boat which is now sitting on blocks as your anchor point to pull the trailer back under. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by del sol; 06-27-2002 at 07:48 PM.

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.
    Floor Jack you can get it off in 5 mins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12