Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27454-us-appeals-court-rules-pledge-allegience-unconstitutional.html)

supercrash 07-01-2002 12:28 PM

Yes I argue alot...I just can't stand that so many people would worship a god that would order the murders of "sucklings" , how can a little baby choose a god....how can a little baby commit a crime...I ask this question of all religious people and yet have to get a answer....Through all the debates on this board not one person has stepped up to explain why they support the killing of children....and don't say you don't support it...I know exactly what religious people have to support and what they can't support......So the question still hangs....WHY...WHY worship a murdering manic that wants and orders children to be sliced up in front of their mothers and then to rape the mother...It's your choice...:(

NW_Jim 07-01-2002 01:29 PM

Crash, I hesitate to do this as it is obvious you are ignorant about the Bible. Yes, you have read it, but, as you have proven in your posts, you only read what you want to.

First, I live my life as close to the way God wants me to as possible, which happens to be the same way I want to live my life. You are doing the same thing, only You are your own god. You make your own rules and try to live by them.

I do not know the Bible inside and out. I don't know of too many people that have the time for that unless they devote their whole life to just that cause. I try my best. I'm sure I'll be lambasted for this but I am tired of you saying that we support murdering children.

The Old Testament was the old covenant. This was when you had to be sinless to be in the presence of God. Yes, he destroyed whole cities and did some really nasty things. Someone else could probably explain this better, but the way I look at it this was his world and his children were becoming untolerable. (Sodom and Gommorah)sp. If you want to really get into it, he destroyed all mankind except for Noah, his family and two of every species. Not one person on earth was worthy to be with him.

When Jesus (Son of God)(God in Man's body)came along, he brought with him the new covenant which had a new set of rules that were a little easier to comply with. If you wanted to be with God, even if you were a sinner, (which all are), you could repent your sins, accept the free gift of salvation thru God's grace by believing in His Son, and the fact that His death on the cross took the place of our death and freed us from our sins.

I do not support the murder of children etc. as you have accused us.

The New Covenant is what the Christians follow. The Old Testament is History. Their were no Christians before this.

Yes, it happened. No I don't support it. Now shut up and get over it.

On a lighter note, Hey their His toys, He can break them if he wants to.

:D

supercrash 07-01-2002 01:51 PM

You said it...now just wait for your bolt of lightening...;) ...So when god made the choice to murder entire cities or just families , you are saying that he was WRONG in his ALL KNOWING decision..Was he wrong telling us that we can own slaves....?...and was he wrong in telling us that we can kill our slaves...?...Or that we should kill all nonbelievers...?...or our own son if he is rebelious he should be murdered...?....I have a feeling that you are no christian....after all you seem to dissagree with every law that I post....

One thing you need to understand is that The old testament and the new testament contain the SAME god.....You cannot seperate his actions between the books....sorry...

And your comment about "Only reading what I want"....now come on there...I have no problem with the peaceful parts of the bible , but when a father gets stoned to death because he was gathering sticks on Sunday for a fire to keep his family warm , then I have to speak up to the people who support this disgusting behavior...Does anybody work on Sunday....?

GRH 07-01-2002 02:06 PM

Why would a true agnostic, or athiest care if others believe in a god? perhaps thier not convinced? I like George Charlin's Line "I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God or gods, just leave the rest of us out of it. This also applies to sexuality." Carlin also wrote "I believe if she has her lips on your willie, it is sex, and it is sex for both of you. This even applies when you are President of the United States.":D

NW_Jim 07-01-2002 02:12 PM

Anyone that lives by the Old Testament is not a Christian. Christians live by the New Testament, as in Christ.

I mis-stated in my previous post that did not support what God did in the Old Testament.

You got me on that one. :p

I don't have to support it. It is History and I did not have to live by that covenant. God did what was right. He created life, therefore He can take it away. We did not create life, therefore we cannot take it away.

If you killed dogs that were attacking children and I became your friend, that would mean that I supported killing dogs, right.

This mentality seems to be reserved for the liberals. :rolleyes:

Prepare for twisted, stupid response.

Shane 07-01-2002 02:17 PM

GRH - you are exactly right! I am an agnostic and I have NO FEAR nor ANGER about someone elses choice to believe. George Carlin hit both points right on the head! Pun intended;). I agree that those who fail to believe in themselves are usually critical of others and intimidated by what they do not understand. If believing in a higher being brings you peace and fulfillment, all the power to you, and i encourage you to continue what is best for you! Just because we do not beleive the same thing does not mean we cannot get along, and does not mean we have to dis-respect one another, and does not make you or I a good personnor a bad person. Just DIFFERENT. And that is just fine, so long as we respect each other for who we are. Unfortunately, for some, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RELIGIOUS FENCE, this is all but impossible and they feel they need to force their enlightenent on others. Pity.:(

Shane 07-01-2002 02:19 PM

Originally posted by NW_Jim

Prepare for twisted, stupid response.

Now THAT was FUNNY!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Neverfastenuf 07-01-2002 02:37 PM

Hey Crash, if GOD doesn't exsist, how did he kill all the people you are referring to????? It shouldn't bother you that we believe in GOD, after all, time will tell and I'm banking on eternal life through Christ. I have nothing to loose. You on the other hand, well, eternity is a LOOOOOONG time ya know. It doesn't make me a better person than you, just a Saved person.

supercrash 07-01-2002 02:59 PM

Shane...Jim was talking about your post...George Carlin...?:(

Now I get it...All you guys had to do is mention that you only follow the new tesament...and the teachings of jesus...The same jesus who said...
"Think not that I come to send peace on earth , I came not to send peace , but a sword"

Grow up guys...Jesus made a promise to his diciples that they would reap their reward when the world ended during their generation , and all their prayers would be granted...Well 2000 years later people are still waiting , and still thinking that jesus will return in their lifetimes , and that they would be swept off to some blissfull heaven....And what about prayer....?....The amount of poverty , hunger , ethnic cleansing , and degregation in the world should tell you the answer right there...The biblical estimate for the planet is 6000 years old , the fossil record tells us 4.5 billion years old...and that many things have lived on this planet for billions of years ...THAT IS FACT...You guys find it so easy to dismiss HUGE FACTS that would point you the way to reality...now come on guys lets be rational...:(

Shane 07-01-2002 03:07 PM

Originally posted by supercrash
Shane...Jim was talking about your post...George Carlin...?:(
WTF? You make NO SENSE! Maybe YOU should read the FULL thread and post as you accuse me of not doing!:rolleyes: