Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   US Appeals Court rules Pledge of Allegience Unconstitutional (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27454-us-appeals-court-rules-pledge-allegience-unconstitutional.html)

Neverfastenuf 06-27-2002 03:20 PM

Crash, you are refering to the Bibles teachings the same way you are refering to the constitution. You are segmenting the facts to support your beliefs and not offering the whole picture. If you would like to debate these issues I am sure you can be accommodated. You are very well versed on the issues that support your agendas and obviously committed to "bending" others beliefs. In any debate, be it religious or political, one can be so consumed and on "fire" with said issue that the complete picture is distorted and has no clarity. Many theologians as well as evolutionists can offer testimony that can be very powerful and supporting towards their own beliefs. Consequently I believe that were you a Christian, you would be very adamant in your beliefs and very strong in your opinions.

supercrash 06-27-2002 03:22 PM

Rico...if you mention god then in this country you are talking about the bible or parts of the bible , bottom line is that most of the religious people in this country don't know anything about the bible , I would just assume that if my Government all believes in the same god and congress and the president start each day with a prayer to this god , and think so much of him that they have to put "in god we trust" on our money, that the laws that this god laid out would be good enough for us to live by , after all god made these laws to be followed forever , not just until some powerful government decides to change it...WHO ARE THEY TO CHANGE GODS LAWS...?....

So as I have shown...There is no god given rights....The "god given rights" that have been taken away could fill a book ,.....new testement to rico...And rico , my religion is science...If thousands of studies are done on the age of the earth , all over the planet by some of the smartest minds on the planet , and they all say the earth is about 4.5 billion years old, I would tend to lean in that way....If I read or estimate from a very flawed book we call the bible , that is filled with contradictions , that the eatrh is 6 thousand years old.....when there are fossil records telling me otherwise , wouldn't I be the fool to believe it....?

RT....you listen to Rush....?....:confused:

Neverfastenuf 06-27-2002 03:37 PM

One quick note Crash, do a little research on Intelligent Design. It is really throwing a curve ball at Darwin's theories!!!!

supercrash 06-27-2002 03:55 PM

And neverfastenough...a note for you...Your tailbone , due claws on dogs , Dolphins (swimming mammals)...evolution is always happening , and you can always find proof of it creeping along...Dolphins used to resemble dogs , and so forth...evolution can never be dismissed , it is fact. Just go to the musuem and look at a skeletal remain of Australopithecus africanus , It's about time you two met..He struggeled and went through many hardships just to make sure the species lives on...Only to come to 2002 , and have people say that he never lived , or walked the earth...what was it all for he thinks...The real shame is that there are plenty of books on this at the library that just sit there , nobody wants to read them , because they think they have it all figured out with their flawed religion...

tell me what intelligent design is and a example of it , ...I don't know what it is....?

CigDaze 06-27-2002 04:18 PM

Don't waste your time, crash, you'd be disappointed...

It's the 'new' way to teach science without stepping on the toes of those who 'believe.' It's a blend of truth in science and religion. However, there is no mention of any particular religion, just that some 'intelligent' being had to design all of this, it simply couldn't have just happened....:rolleyes:

Neverfastenuf 06-27-2002 04:43 PM

Daze, so it's not possible for this "new" theory to be of any value??? Funny, Baylor University thinks it is of value. I am sure that many thought just like you when Darwin's research was released. Just more information to substantiate "theories". The debate lives on and always will. How we handle the debate is what seperates us from the "animals".

CigDaze 06-27-2002 04:49 PM

The debate will never end. ;)
We just have to live with that, and that's that. To each his own, right?;)

What Baylor U thinks of this is inconsequential and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

In a similar fassion I don't care what the U. of California's San Francisco campus thinks of jews and gays. :D

Neverfastenuf 06-27-2002 05:19 PM

Agree to disagree, and be considerate regarding others freedom of choice. That's what makes this a "GREAT" country.:D ;)

NW_Jim 06-28-2002 12:43 AM

What's amazing Crash is how you read only what you want to read.

If god gave us rights that can't be taken away then i suppose that the right to own slaves and kill them , or killing homosexuals is my god given right...?...right...my money says "In god we trust"....Why can't we trust him on these "god given rights"....
Who said those things were unalienable rights? If you go back up and read my post it says "that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness." These are the rights that the British monarchy did not provide. So our Founding fathers left and came to this country.

You keep arguing God this and God that when the discussion was about what our Founding fathers were thinking when they started all this. They were tired of their rights being taken away. That's why we have more rights in this country than any other in the world. If you think murder is a right, then you need to seek some professional help.

We weren't given the right to happiness, just the right to pursue it.

At least Shane admits that these rights that our Founding fathers believed in are the same rights that allow him to not believe in God without being persecuted.

I know you will never agree with me, and I don't expect you to, but for cryin out loud at least read everything. Your posts are starting to be a little ragged and nonsensical.

The Bible is a book written for God's children. If you have not gotten much out of it then obviously you were reading someone elses mail.

OK someone kick the soapbox out from under me.

SC.. At least you keep me entertained. I haven't had this much mental masturbation in a long time. :D ;)

Shane 06-28-2002 06:48 AM

NW_Jim that is exactly what Crash said I don't do! Read the whole thread/post before forming my opinions. Ironic. Thanks for recognizing and respecting my viewpoint.