Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who would do it all over again?? >

Who would do it all over again??

Notices

Who would do it all over again??

Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a really good question! I LOVE my time on the water with friends and family, the road trips, 4th of July, Seafair, poker runs etc BUT I live in Seattle where we only have a 4 month (at best) boating season...That being said there is alot of the year that you pay for the boat that you dont use.

I think I would still want to own a boat but probably go older and skip the payments. That way you only pay for fuel and maintenance which is only incurred when you actually get to use it.

I have no issue with the time I spend working on it or using it!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

It is my hobby and my wife and 2 sons love boating as well. I could get out of it and spend my $$ elsewhere, but why???? We all enjoy it as a family. Also, boating is about a lot more than just owning, maintaining and driving a boat around. Its about getting together with freinds on the water and having fun.
I have given up or reduced interest(and $$ spent) in other hobbies to boat. I definately have no regrets and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was raised around it my dad and his friends all had boats its some of my best memories of time spent with dad and i hope my daughter will say the same but for me the bug did bite me when i was young although i have strayed with other hobbys i do always end up back with a boat or two
Old 04-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Registered

Yep, no question. I grew up spending time on my uncle's 19 foot ski boat and him and all his buddys would race each other to see who was the fastest. Saw the Miami Vice boats and knew I had to have one. Once I had a job that paid enough I bought my first boat and never looked back. that was 20 years ago....the only reason i will ever sell my boat, is to buy another one. Can't imagine how boring my summer would be without one.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Yep,
It's what keeps my sane, especially, since my job these days is INSANE!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Registered

I think about this a couple times a day and as of right now NO. Bigger boat and bigger truck this year.As soon as I get on the water for the first time this year Im sure that answer will change to a YES.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I would do it again, but I'm at the point where I could sell it and not miss it...as long as I live SOMEWHERE ELSE. While I am still in Chi-town, it makes sense to use our greatest natural resource.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i love boats and boating, if i had a house on the water and more $$$ I would have more than one, great thing about florida is you can boat year round. Nothing like being out there on the ocean.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

I tell my friends that I think drugs would be cheaper, less painful and easier to kick
Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I would do it again, but I'm at the point where I could sell it and not miss it...as long as I live SOMEWHERE else. It makes sense to use our greatest natural resource.
Agree with the statement above. Did offroad trucks, race cars, planes and boats. I don't regret a single moment but I could walk away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.