Who would do it all over again?? >

Who would do it all over again??

Notices

Who would do it all over again??

Old 04-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Strangely enough, if I lived in a much better climate like Florida, I could give up boating a lot easier. I'd probably get sucked in down there as well, but probably only on the West coast. I was debating whether I'd even get a slip this year. Then I started to think about how dull the summer would be without the boat.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:51 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way would I ever get out completely, I have been wanting a performance boat since I can remeber. Grew up on the water. I was 3 days old when my parents first took me out on their formula.

Your freinds boat is the best boat but nothing feels as good as lighting the fires in your own boat and shoving off.

LC
Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I think about all the money I've spent on cars and boating over the years I realize if I hadn't wasted all the money on those things, I could probably be really close to retiring today (no joke). Instead it looks like I'll be working for another 15 years or so. I've had some great times and I love having all the 'toys', but everyday while I'm sitting at work I certainly question if it was all worth it!!!

I'm always looking at other boats (typically more expensive), if I had half a brain I'd be looking to sell all my crap and just pick up a nice 28-30' OB CC and learn to be content! At the 'end of the day' I'm sure I'd be a lot happier!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
When I think about all the money I've spent on cars and boating over the years I realize if I hadn't wasted all the money on those things, I could probably be really close to retiring today (no joke). Instead it looks like I'll be working for another 15 years or so. I've had some great times and I love having all the 'toys', but everyday while I'm sitting at work I certainly question if it was all worth it!!!

I'm always looking at other boats (typically more expensive), if I had half a brain I'd be looking to sell all my crap and just pick up a nice 28-30' OB CC and learn to be content! At the 'end of the day' I'm sure I'd be a lot happier!
I too have looked at all the $$ I have spent on the 10 boats I have owned over all the years too.... I would probobly be retired now also, except I be CRAZY!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do it all over again, but I would go bigger....and faster...and louder...
Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been without a boat for 5 weeks of my entire life (not by choice, fire).

When the tornado crushed my winter boat (yes, we have a boat just for use during the winter), I had a replacement before we even got the other boat out of the water.... It isn't really an option to not have some way to get out on the water.

Last edited by SLT Kota; 04-17-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

No I wouldn't want to give it up. Been on the water my hole life. retired after 27 years in the Coast Guard. Been flying for 20 years years, sold last plane 3 yrs ago. Still miss it some. Can't kick the boating thing. Live on the water, have a 50 ft long covered boat house with lift 40 feet from my back door. Too many great memories with great friends to give it up. The good out last all the bad. Been working on the Top Gun for a year, new Kondrads drives, build two new Merlins tall deck 555 cuin engines over winter, dyno 630 tq last week. New transom last summer. Maybe a couple weeks of afternoon work and engines will be going in. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think it is a train comming at me this time. After all the money and time over the years it's only going to cost me a pontoon boat for the wife, she has waited years forme to get her one. Still keeping the Top Gun. Let the party start next month.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't have a choice...brought up around offshore racing and fast boats....it was something we did as a family. Unfortunately my dad was also into quads and snowmobiles...and well, I've followed in his footsteps there too. Sold my performance boat last year, and just have a little bow rider to get me out there in the meantime....I guess my priorities have shifted some in the past year or two (for now). I think as long as it's not ruining you financially, go for it. My mechanic used to joke that it's too bad my dad wasn't a world champion knitter, because I'd have a lot more $$ in my pocket.

And the old saying is true, you can't put a price on a good time.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
I would do it all over again, but I would go bigger....and faster...and louder...
DIng Ding WE have a WInner!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had a fantastic time with it. Adventures and stories to tell unavailable by any other venue.
I centered around "the life" for 20+ years and got some of the best it had to offer...
with that said, as I get older and try to cover many more interests on a 'lil less energy and seemingly alot less time than 20 years ago...
I question the extent of the committment. I'd never loose my affinity for getting out on the waterand would like to pass it on, but a sinpler, easier, less expensive mode would be OK and enjoyable for me now.
plus I'm 3 years into a relationship that brings 4 children. The perf thing is just impractical
Now that's a life I've never lived, one of those other newfound interests I spoke of...

so yea I'd do it again, of course!
but at different places in life I'd be doing it differently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.