Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who would do it all over again?? >

Who would do it all over again??

Notices

Who would do it all over again??

Old 04-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll always own a boat, it's in the DNA !!!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

I would do again also, but if I had the knowledge of the boats I do now, I would definately do it differently......
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

"There is nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats".

I can't imagine not being on the water. It is the motion that comes from being in a boat that I enjoy. While I love performance boats as being the most capable boat simply for the sake of boating, I have never met a boat I did not enjoy being on. Sail, cruise, pontoon, dinghy etc. They're all great.

As mentioned in a previous post on this thread, the only problem is finding others to share this passion. Around here, the only boaters are fishermen or skiers. The boating is secondary.

Dan
Old 04-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Registered

I too was brought up boating, Drag racing and snowmobiling. With 2 young kids, I sold the Mustang when my son (4) born and just sold the last snowmbile, last fall. We are on our 3rd boat and injoying every minute of every summer as a family.

My favorit saying is, cant put a price on fun!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am living the dream I had as a kid watching all the offshore races and go fasts of my youth! I love being on the water and couldn't imagine not owning some type of boat and with my lack of patience, it has to be somewhat quick! Down the road, the hardcore go fast may soften a bit but there will be a performance background in it some where.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm out right now (sold the boat a couple months ago) but will get another (bigger) boat as soon as I can. I even thought about buying a cheap little run about just to cruise the harbor until I can get another performance boat.

I do a lot of other stuff (Harleys, off roading, hot rods, etc) but I find boating to be the most exhilarating and relaxing hobby. There is nothing like running high speed in big water in the ocean. And the thrill of running with a bunch of other boats can't be beat. Watching the other boats wave jumping at the same time you are just puts a smile on my face. When you see one of your buddies hit a big hole and hang in the air I just grin because I know the exact feeling they are experiencing.

At the same time, there is nothing like running out a few miles off the coast and then just shutting down and floating. We almost always see dolphins when we go out and it is so cool to stop and watch and listen to them as they go by you.

Or just sitting in the boat at the dock, having some drinks and eats, relaxing with good friends. I love hanging at the marina in the evening after all the non-boat people have left. We'll set up the tables on the dock with our BBQ grill, coolers, etc and have a little party. Other boaters will drift by and join us regardless if the they are cruiser people or even blow boaters.

And it's always fun to go dingy cruising around the marina, taking your cooler of drinks to share with other boaters.

So for me it's not just owning a boat but the experiences you have because you boat.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
I'm out right now (sold the boat a couple months ago) but will get another (bigger) boat as soon as I can. I even thought about buying a cheap little run about just to cruise the harbor until I can get another performance boat.

I do a lot of other stuff (Harleys, off roading, hot rods, etc) but I find boating to be the most exhilarating and relaxing hobby. There is nothing like running high speed in big water in the ocean. And the thrill of running with a bunch of other boats can't be beat. Watching the other boats wave jumping at the same time you are just puts a smile on my face. When you see one of your buddies hit a big hole and hang in the air I just grin because I know the exact feeling they are experiencing.

At the same time, there is nothing like running out a few miles off the coast and then just shutting down and floating. We almost always see dolphins when we go out and it is so cool to stop and watch and listen to them as they go by you.

Or just sitting in the boat at the dock, having some drinks and eats, relaxing with good friends. I love hanging at the marina in the evening after all the non-boat people have left. We'll set up the tables on the dock with our BBQ grill, coolers, etc and have a little party. Other boaters will drift by and join us regardless if the they are cruiser people or even blow boaters.

And it's always fun to go dingy cruising around the marina, taking your cooler of drinks to share with other boaters.

So for me it's not just owning a boat but the experiences you have because you boat.
Well said...you just saved me a lot of typing.lol
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
I tell my friends that I think drugs would be cheaper, less painful and easier to kick
I say the same thing. But we also know tey would be less fun than boats.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh

Great post!!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered

"BOATING IS LIFE"
if you get it you get it.
if you dont.....sell your boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.