Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
under 40k and tow with 1/2 ton 4x4 >

under 40k and tow with 1/2 ton 4x4

Notices

under 40k and tow with 1/2 ton 4x4

Old 04-19-2012, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My f150 is about the same setup... execpt it is a 04 but same gears and motor. Im thinking a single is mybest option. Due to the fact that 1 motor to maintane is about all i feel i can afford.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered

I'm partial, but Donzi 22 Classic
Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...item2ebd6a146f

I'd be all over this if my boat was sold.
WOW!!! That looks a little high to me for a 15 yr old boat with no motor at 30k firm.

Here's a link to a members "pacalim1965@yaho" boat with a good powerplant. He and "arcticfriends" seemed to have really dialed in their 272's.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...baja-boss.html

I'm not trying to push Baja's on you but it's worth a look at the asking price.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by huskyrider
WOW!!! That looks a little high to me for a 15 yr old boat with no motor at 30k firm.

Here's a link to a members "pacalim1965@yaho" boat with a good powerplant. He and "arcticfriends" seemed to have really dialed in their 272's.

See ya,
Kelly
How much is your buddy's motor worth? If it's worth say $6-7 k as is (I have no idea what the value is of small builder custom builds) I'd personally take the Pantera for 5k more than the Baja, 2 years newer or not.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

The 502 he is offering in the pantara is not in the boat right now... And never has been.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

See ya,
Kelly
Oh, no worries here, I own a Baja now. I've just always loved the Panteras and there rough water capabilites and sexy lines. I can't get it anyways as my current boat is not sold but just ran across the link on ebay and figured I'd share.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
How much is your buddy's motor worth? If it's worth say $6-7 k as is (I have no idea what the value is of small builder custom builds) I'd personally take the Pantera for 5k more than the Baja, 2 years newer or not.
He's not really a buddy, just another OSO member selling his boat that I remember threads of his and Arcticfiends about what it's taken to get their boats to higher speeds.
I was simply pointing out, for the starter of this thread, a boat that'll currently run mid 80's on the day of the purchase that could be had for probably the same 30k as the Pantera with no motor.
There's also another member at Lake Texoma with an Apache 28' at about the same asking price I think his name is TexomaPowerboater.
If the starter of this thread is seriously considering a boat the more selections you offer him gives him more to choose from.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

He's not really a buddy, just another OSO member selling his boat that I remember threads of his and Arcticfiends about what it's taken to get their boats to higher speeds.
I was simply pointing out, for the starter of this thread, a boat that'll currently run mid 80's on the day of the purchase that could be had for probably the same 30k as the Pantera with no motor.
There's also another member at Lake Texoma with an Apache 28' at about the same asking price I think his name is TexomaPowerboater.
If the starter of this thread is seriously considering a boat the more selections you offer him gives him more to choose from.

See ya,
Kelly
I got you, I was just pointing out that some of us will pay a decent premium for something different, even if they seem the same.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

I'm not saying that I won't end up with a baja. But at this point it is not in my plans..... Now whe it comes time to start writing checks it may be a different story
Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

We recently found a 1998, 29 Fountain on a 3 axle trailer, twin 502 mags, low hours, great colors , in very nice cond. for $38k, trying to get my friend to do the deal ,not sure he will but looks good to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.