Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WTF is up with the Banks on getting a loan??? >

WTF is up with the Banks on getting a loan???

Notices

WTF is up with the Banks on getting a loan???

Old 04-25-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Dodd is from my pathetic state of CT, what a retarded place to live.
That is a shame, but you've got bigger issues, mainly your avatar. GO BLUE!!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bert4332
I've had 4 buyers declined for a loan in 3 weeks on buying my boat. It's getting a little out of hand. One had over 20% down and they wanted more, he said if he had more he wouldn't need the loan! Is it Todd-Frank law that's messing this up?
Unfortunately banks arent really in the "loan" business anymore- they make way to much money gambling with our deposits, then getting bailed out when they screw up and using the bail out money from you and I to give themselves bonuses.

They dont even have 10 % of the money they actually do loan out anymore to cover bad debt- thats our "fractional reserve system" at work.

If they cant immediately sell a loan to a gov protected entity they just aren't interested.

Uncle Dave
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I've been putting it off but I'm joining a credit union.
Michigan state fcu might be worth your time. $30 u can join. Awesome rates, great online banking and email reminders.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by tc g
that is a shame, but you've got bigger issues, mainly your avatar. Go blue!!
11/24/12
Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered

Check this out...I just got back from my bank (BoA) I tried to with draw $8,500.00 cash, I was told to withdraw anything over $5,000.00 it needs to be ordered at least one day in advance.!!! I drove 5 miles down the road to get the balance of 3,500.00 WTF it's my $$$ I always thought it was there when I needed it...I guess my $$$ is really theirs !!!and they make the rules...probably time to find another bank.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

Found a boat that i liked while on vacation here at Havasu. Called my bank yesterday and thu funds are being wired to the boat dealer this morning. No questions asked. If anyone would like the info on my banker, just send me a pm. I am sure he would like to have your business.

The only money that I put down was the $1000 for the dealer to hold it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Registered

A lot of people on here are blaming the banks but you need to look at the root of the problem. It's the Gov't telling them how they are going to run their banks and telling them what they can and can not do. Don't shoot the messenger.

And I'm not a banker
Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TC G
You want to get this economy back on track the very first thing you do is repeal Dodd-Frank. It scares me that the politicians aren't talking about that any more.

Oh Yea, and pass a law that anything Barney Frank proposes in the future be immediatly run through a paper shredder.
X 1,000,000!!!

All I hear on the news is repeal Health Care Reform. Repeal Dodd-Frank first! Honestly I don't know what Dodd-Frank is doing to installment loans but it has made a big impact in the mortgage market. This law was passed to "protect" the customer but it actually hurts the customer. It makes less competition, more confusing paperwork and far less options.

Chris Dodd and Barney Frank helped create this mess and then they sponsor a law to "fix" it? WTF?

Ugggg, rant off.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I think the main problem with loaning money on boats is the fact that it's a toy. If you have a loan on a home, a car and a boat and you lose your job the first thing you're going to quit paying on is going to be the boat. I would think that boat repositions have skyrocketed over the last 5-6 years. Then add in the fact that banks now see "black or white" and it's tough to get a boat loan.

Credit unions seem to be much more willing to look at you as an individual and see the "gray" areas.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pantera28TS
Check this out...I just got back from my bank (BoA) I tried to with draw $8,500.00 cash, I was told to withdraw anything over $5,000.00 it needs to be ordered at least one day in advance.!!! I drove 5 miles down the road to get the balance of 3,500.00 WTF it's my $$$ I always thought it was there when I needed it...I guess my $$$ is really theirs !!!and they make the rules...probably time to find another bank.
Thats because banks are hoarding cash and not loaning it out.

They are flirting with their reserve amounts all the time and are in the business of making money for investors in their stock - NOT helping you out in any way shape or form.

They have the perfect scenario- you give them money -
They invest it how they see fit.

When it doesn't work out they get free money from our government to replace what they gamble away. Then to top it all off they give themselves bonuses with that money.

Then when they do decide to loan money- they "create money" out of thin air with the fractional system about 90% actually.

True- the government lets them do it, but the big banks are simply another batch of wall street thieves manipulating the system and skirting the rules whenever they dong think they'll get caught.

Lather- rinse repeat.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-25-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.