Notices

Cryo-treated gears/parts

Old 05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all my gears cryoed and have yet to have a broken gear.......but I have heard that some gear sets coming out of mercury are not as good as the older ones. I had purchased a few sets a while back to keep some stock on hand and had them cryoed. No problem with them, but I have heard that more recent sets have had issues. It was told to me that the cryo process works, but if your starting with junk you will end up with junk.........sort of like cryoing a bannana........good luck !!!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by relaxalot
Does anyone else have any experience with cryo treated
Bravo xr gears or cryo/rem polishing? It seems as so this would make the gearsets stronger and last longer? OR... more brittle and break down faster? It seems like someone would have some information. Let me know if that someone is you.

Thanks,

Dan
I cyoed and iso rem'd lower bravo gears and the life under extreme hp doubled (my usual failure was pitting on the surface of tooth that turned into craters). I also cryo'ed and isoed upper gears and they took longer to pit. I did some for a overseas racer however that blows teeth off upper gears completely and it made ZERO difference so it helps them from pitting as fast but they still break catastrophically, Smitty
Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Thats awesome! Start a thread with some pics of you racing!

I have run my Crossfire and turbo Lotus Elise. I love the track but tires, brakes, etc get expensive fast! Especially when the car gets run double every time, both myself and Kristy. (she normally is faster!)

Good luck on the Cryo rotors. You already have some HUGE brakes on the car factory, so hopefully it works for you.

Have you looked into a power steering pump cooler?

Good luck and post some pics!