Checkmate Production Slammed >

Checkmate Production Slammed

Notices

Checkmate Production Slammed

Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Yeah worked out well for a couple of years until their gouging took the entry level boater out of the market and 'small boat' companies dropped like flies.....I guess unless you have 100 large to spend you cant have a new boat much over 20ft eh? Thanks Mercury! effing a-holes.....
I didn't say I agree with it...but when you are a publically traded company, and profits and return on investment are primarily what many investors are looking at, it seems the logical choice on Merc's part.

I agree with Raylar that there needs to be lower priced entry/mid level performance boats and power for those boats in order for this hobby to continue to be viable.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raylar
Mast has been marketing a nice looking LSX 600HP marine engine for a while now. I nor others have seen the actual engine yet and I have no idea what pricing is. I would be as curious as others to hear when and what's really available now or if not when. Any LSX marine engine that gets priced up near Ilmors new MV8-570 it will be a fairly high ticket item.

Best Regards,
RAy @! Raylar
To your point, I tried calling them but got voice mail and they didn't return my call. I wonder if Checkmate has tried to call them...

The Mast engine might be a good candidate for the outboard configuration like the 7 project. It's about half the weight and makes more power than the 557.