O/T A petition to REVOKE PETA's Tax Exempt status

Old 06-27-2002, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Done...
Old 06-28-2002, 08:09 AM
mlitefan

Done...I hated the nut jobs before but after the shark incident with the kid down in Florida, they need to go down...F$%*ing morons...

PENSACOLA, Fla., Sept. 5 — An animal rights group has dropped its attempt to put up a billboard in Pensacola reading: "Would you give your right arm to know why sharks attack? Could it be revenge? Go vegetarian."
The message from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals was a reference to the July 6 shark attack near Pensacola on 8-year-old Jessie Arbogast, whose arm was bitten off. Surgeons reattached the limb.

One billboard company rejected the advertisement before PETA announced it was abandoning the effort Monday because of another shark attack, one that killed a 10-year-old boy near the group's Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. A second fatal attack of a Russian man followed off North Carolina over the weekend.

"Right now people would just shoot the messenger without hearing the message," PETA spokesman Dan Shannon said. "Children are easy to love. Fish aren't as lucky."

"

Old 06-28-2002, 08:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

mlitefan,
I remember that B/S about the billboard too!
These guys are MAJOR WHACK JOBS! The ELF is even WORSE!!
MD
Old 06-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya dean,

PETA sucks, the Earth Liberation Front is a scary environmental cult terrorist group and there's one that tops them all....

Ever heard of "Earth Island Institute?"
WWWHHHAAACCCKKKOOOSSS!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 945 Likes on 474 Posts

I'm #31692

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 06-28-2002, 10:11 AM
Offshore Addiction

Found this...

PETA Activists Take Clothes Off To Make Point
By KARLA JACKSON [email protected]
Published: Jun 28, 2002

TAMPA - Amid a bustling lunch crowd Thursday, two women stood on a downtown street corner and stripped to their flesh-colored panties and pasties in a protest against leather clothing.
``We'd rather bare skin than wear skin,'' declared the banner they carried for an hour in the midday sun, wearing little but their cruelty-free sunscreen.

The women waved to startled passers-by and handed out printed information about leather alternatives and their sponsor, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

``Doing something fun like this is a great way to reach people and get the message out,'' said protester Lisa Franzetta, 28, a PETA campaign coordinator from Oakland, Calif.

Franzetta and PETA intern Luce Marquis, 31, from Ottawa, are on a weeklong protest tour of Florida that started Tuesday in West Palm Beach.

Their appearance drew double takes, hoots and the most frequent remark: ``Can't they get arrested for that?''

Tampa police watched the protest unfold in front of their headquarters on Franklin Street, but because the women wore underwear and covered their nipples, they were not breaking nudity laws.

``I thought, `Am I actually seeing what I think I'm seeing?' '' said Bob Rogells, 36, who works downtown. ``It certainly gets my attention.''

Larry Kidd, 56, thought the display was ridiculous.

``They're not making much of a point with me. God gave us those animals to use for that purpose,'' he said.

His buddy, Jim Tuten, 48, supported the protest but not the cause.

``There shouldn't be anything wrong with that,'' he said, motioning to the nearly naked women.

Not everyone agreed with that assessment.

``Imagine them explaining this to their children when they are 40,'' said Mary Neumeier, 56, who came downtown to donate blood.

Celeste Dearmas, 40, had only one problem with the protest: ``I wanna see some guys out here!''

Old 06-28-2002, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

His buddy, Jim Tuten, 48, supported the protest but not the cause.

Exactly...

Baja Daze was reported as saying, "Hey, I'm just here for the boobies," as he stopped briefly to take note while passing the scene.