Notices

Never heard of this!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
Here in Arkansas, alot of the beaters these guys use don't even have WORKING lights, so not here either!!
same here i Louisiana on that one

never ever heard of the light thing either
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe it's the d-bags pick up line, see hot chick at ramp with empty trailer, maye he was thinking she was with a boat load of other chicks and figured he'd hedge his odds so he used a cheesy line like that!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 AM
RL
Registered

Not in Ohio either.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Here in New York, an empty trailer is considered a pretty good clue. And most of our trailer lights work!

Wait a minute, that's why the guy in that thread with the Explorer got stuck in the surf and had to be pulled out by two redneck pick trucks and two tractors. He didn't have his lights on!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered

It's a solid no from KY as well. I have never heard of such crap, I even help launch and recover boats at a local bass tournament and never seen such. An empty boat trailer is clue enough for most people.....
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Not here in Colorado either. Did any of the other vehicles in line have their headlights on????????::
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Registered

I've seen some dumb sh!t here in Utah but never heard of that
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

I currently live in maryland, but did most of my trailer boating in Virginia. So you can definitely add Va, Md to the list. Not sure Washington D.C. has a public boat launch. But there is a Boat launch right next to Reagan National Airport that launches in to D.C. water. Been there too and never heard of this "rule"
Old 05-03-2012, 04:04 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macjazzy
I currently live in maryland, but did most of my trailer boating in Virginia. So you can definitely add Va, Md to the list. Not sure Washington D.C. has a public boat launch. But there is a Boat launch right next to Reagan National Airport that launches in to D.C. water. Been there too and never heard of this "rule"
Roaches Run - Have launched in VA MD WVA for over 45 years - never heard of this either.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 183 Likes on 69 Posts

Top ten explanations for sitting in line at a launch ramp with an empty trailer:

1) “My trailer was lonely, so I thought I’d let it pick up a boat.”

2) “I just shampooed my bunk carpeting and I’m waiting to go back in for a rinse.”

3) “There’s a trailer behind me?”

4) “No, I’m actually launching an invisible boat.”

5) “Somebody told me that if I sat here long enough, my prince would arrive. What’s your sign?”

6) “I can’t remember if this is the place I launched my boat – last spring.”

7) “I figured if I was nice enough to haul somebody out, they’d give me their boat.”

8) “I’m just breaking in my bunk carpeting by repeatedly getting it wet with no load on it.”

9) “I’m taking a survey of how many idiots leave their lights on in a launch ramp. You’re number one.”

10) “I’m practicing talking to idiots like you who think I should have my lights on.”

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.