Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser >

Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Notices

Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Old 06-28-2002, 09:01 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Audacity maybe you never recovered from being hit on the head I throttled that green boat Man are those things fun and easy to drive.

Jon
Old 06-28-2002, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good one...no i'm done steering...i don't even like it in a pleasure boat....throttle/trim that's my deal!

only in a race boat man you would have concerns....i'm very laid back...my insides are like a 60 year old man now form all the years of racing and other abuse

Dre' is realy com'n along...soon she'll have her 100+ cat to mess with!!!LOL
Old 06-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Registered

which time!!!LOL....toronto, when i broke my face and nose??

by the way i finished -1 pt of blood...the carbs ate most of it!!LOL
Old 06-28-2002, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

it always dangerous to wish for a 3 way with the wifes best friend cause it can backfire I actually heard of this happing
to some couples
Old 06-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Registered

We have a cruiser and enjoy it. It has a great dance floor. You can always have both the fast boat and the cruiser
Old 06-29-2002, 12:35 AM
wilerty

How about a Formula Sun Sport? They come in 260, 280 and 330. They'll go 55 to 60 and have a lot of room. Here's a link to the 330:

http://www.formulaboats.com/model.asp?id=330

Old 06-29-2002, 01:51 AM
Registered

SeaRay!!!
Best dance floor you'll ever have . And a blender too....
Old 06-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

Default Thanks for the Info!

Thanks guys for the input. I would love to have the Black Thunder or the Sonic but I am limited to 28' to 31'. I have tested the Sea Ray's and a Monterey as well and the are nice but "too cruisery" for me. I was thinking offshore style with full windshield and partial galley. If sonic's 28 had a windshield it would be a no brainer for me as they seem to be very comfortable. I am in the process of building a new home so I will most likely have to buy used. I love the formula's but i understand so does everyone else and finding a decent used one is difficult. I have been looking at a 29' Powequest. has anyone has experience with these? I also found a 32' Pachanga which is real nice but do not know how they ride or hold up. They seem to be very inexpensive! I have thought about some of your suggestions about the "new wife" thing but I want to keep 100% of all my sh*t! Plus she still likes to go fast and she still looks pretty good.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

I saw a pontoon boat in a magazine with two 225hp Yamaha outboards on it. Ran around 80. Had a fold up bathroom, too.
Maybe that's your ticket.

Formula 370SS or 400SS are absolutely fantastic crossover boats (I prefer the 370 since you only lose a smidge of midcabin bunk). They are pricey, though. Not sure where your budget figures are.

Might just need to nab a deal on a 26+ foot Rinker cruiser with genset and A/C. Then you keep the playboat also.

Aside from that, a friend of mine is selling a Baja 320Force with twins. It's a fairly ugly boat (colors and such) but has cavernous stand-up cabin with stand-up head and kitchenette in the front.

He's asking in the low-to mid $20k range. Boat is all there, but needs miscellaneous electrical attention (new batt cables, several minor wiring issues, stuff like that).

I have never seen the boat in the water, but I figure it'll run in the low 60's.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Banned

Speaking of the 320 Force, there is one for sale here locally by a marina owner. It looked in great shape, twin 500's I believe. He moved into a 47 Fountain with triples.

Quick Reply: Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.