Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser >

Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Notices

Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Old 06-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It all depends on the price and if you plan to trailer the boat. Formula has hit the nail right on the head with there SS Series. Dont go any smaller than a 330SS The room just isnt there and you may as well stick with a Go-Fast Boat at that point. Both the 37 and the 40 are Great Boats. The 400SS is like a fast maneuverable Apartment on the water. With 500EFI the boat can hit 60MPH. Formula does a great job with options to meet the needs of everyone in the family. From Central Vacuum to Cedar Lined closets. They have covered things you would have never thought of. There are a few great Preowned deals out on the West coast for the 400SS. But you cannot trailer them. For a large boat that can be trailered and still have all the Comforts of home try the upper Baja line. Baja has been coming back strong and building some impressive boats. There larger line has alot of cabin room and excellent finishing work. Sunseekers are nice but you give up alot of room for engine compartment. They are built great, run great, and look spectacular. A sunseeker is perfect for people who plan on spending alot of time on the deck and not down below. But if the deck area is where you plan on doing your entertaining then look into a Hawk. Good Luck.
Old 06-29-2002, 09:03 PM
wilerty

Hutchinson's Boat Works in Alexandria Bay, NY recently took in a 1997 Formula 280 Sun Sport with a 7.4L MPI and Bravo 3 and are asking $42,000. Here's their web site:

http://www.hutchinsonsboatworks.com/

Old 06-29-2002, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Tell her if you cant have your go fast boat youd like to get a stock car, that way you can drive hundreds of miles every weekend so she can sit around a hot dusty old racetrack in the blazing heat while you rip around having a blast..........or get a big Baja
Old 06-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Registered

I had a fast boat and my wife did not like it, so I bought a motor yacht. The change from lake boating to coastal boating has it pro & cons. The motor yacht was kept in a slip, so I did not have to worry about trailering and I was on my boat in the evening tru the night , when others were trailering theirs home. She always complained about the 3.5 hr drive to the coast. I ended up going down to the boat most of the time by my self and this got old, so I sold it and bought a fast cat. She said , she guessed this was her punishment for not liking the drive down to the motoryacht. Now she still does not go to the lake with me because of the loud noise and speed. Sooooo she will go before this boat does . I tried to please her and I did'nt work. I really liked the motoryacht too!. Maybe I should find a wife that likes the water and boating as mush as I do. Hell most women would kill for this kind of lifestyle am I wrong?
Old 06-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powerquest was working on a 28' version of their suncruiser, they had it at the miami boat show pretty nice could get twin 6.2's or twin 350mags. Dont know if it ever went into production.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:48 PM
Registered

Catmando
I have an 85 Chris Cat with 540 ci, 650hp ea with #2 speedmasters.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Registered

I saw a cruiser in Michigan City. Its name was C MPR MISE! It made me think of this post. If you have to buy a cruiser go with a nice affordable 72' Sunseeker Predator.

Dan
Old 06-30-2002, 11:59 PM
Registered

Default Ie Ie Ie....

before you actually buy one...make sure she can handle going slow over waves...I get sooooo sea sick if I'm not going fast!!
Good luck with your decision.
Tracy
Old 07-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Registered

Default Re: Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser

Originally posted by gofastwannabe
What about Mach 1's 29', it has a windshield right. I can't have anything with a faring.
Yep has windshield and compact, but functional cabin with enclosed head, galley w/stove & sink, seats, and v-berth. Not the fastest ride in town (60-62 w/502 mag) , but has 24 degree deep-v hull for a nice ride in the chop. Built with fiberglass stringers and xl-boat panel transom so it won't rot. Here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails Help!!! the wife wants a cruiser-015_12a-1-.jpg