Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ???? >

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Notices

Price of Oil Falls 4% in a few hours ????

Old 05-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It used to be that when environmental groups sued, there would be a law change or courts would "order" companies or government to comply with the outcome... Now what they do is sue everyone they can, including government, for huge monetary sums. Thats where theyre gaining power. Over the course of a year, several power companies have announced power plant closures east of the mississippi due to new environmental standards that the nazi party leaders (EPA) passed. What the Sierra Club and several other groups are doing, is strongarming these power companies into signing agreements to shudder the plants instead of retrofitting for pollution compliance. They also get them to sign agreements that they wont replace the curtailed power with new technology coal plants. Most companies arent fighting back because theyre afraid theyll lose in court costing them 10's or 100's of millions (not an exaggeration).

If you think your power bill is ok now, give it a couple of years. Nat gas WILL go up, and with that, less coal power will mean less killowatts in the grid (supply/demand), which means brownouts and big time electric bills (thanks to all of these Aholes).

The BS Obumba fed us of electric car in every driveway had every coal guy thinking this guy was pro-coal, pro-america... What a farce that turned out to be. I was running a marathon sunday when the course took us right past the democratic perty headquarters. They had a life-sized cut-out of BObumba out on the sidewalk, and it was all i could do to keep myself calm and keep from tackling that thing and traring it into a million little pieces! That would have made for some interesting 6:00 news!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shag555
Ease up on "burning coal"... Its been my livleyhood for 22 years, and without it, this country wouldnt be in the position it was in from about 1890 through the last recession. NG prices are killing the coal industry, along with BS EPA Regulations, otherwise known as treehugger regs. Power plants are switching over to NG because its cheap with several shale plays coming on line (i live in the heart of the Marcellus and Utica plays). A very mild winter has also played havvoc on the coal industry. Just remember... Kill coal, and you kill half the power supply in the US. Yeah it could be replaced by gas over the short term, but then NG prices go back up, and so does your heating AND electricity bill. Theres no easy solution.

I'll stick with coal, otherwise my lifestyle goes and Ill be working at wallmort.
Agreed!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Banned

"...I'll stick with coal, otherwise my lifestyle goes and Ill be working at wallmort."
Shag555

So you Republicans love MalWart, low prices and Union-free, but you wouldn't want to work there? Oil drilling is up you could work the bore hole...
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Registered

Wink

So you Republicans love MalWart, low prices and Union-free, but you wouldn't want to work there? Oil drilling is up you could work the bore hole...[/QUOTE]

Not really a republican, and definately not a democrat... Perhaps a "Tea Party Democrat" (at best). I have alot of my grand dad in me - WWII Vet and union pipefitter, AND honest as all hell. I dont think either party was as split during the 40's and 50's as they are now (no i wasnt there). There was more of a common goal. Now its all about being politically correct, in-fighting, and if they (the politicians) can make a few million in kick-backs either for themselves, or a few hundred million for their buddies, so be it... Screw the americans (that used to be termed "traitor", now its termed "dirty politician... He got away with it".

Gas/oil drilling geology (yes, I'm a geologist), is a very specific field (as is coal geology). Id be starting at the bottom of the food chain again, and there goes the house (not to mention the boat, etc). If it comes to it, Ill move over-seas and work in AU, Indoniesia, or even China for that matter. I dont think it will though... The energy sector always has its peaks and lows no matter what source (look any of the energy commodoties history up). Im not much of a romney fan, but Id definately not vote for the idiot thats in there now. Then again, maybe i could get grant monies for enough solar panels and electric motors to power my 28zx, then i'd be "green" and "energy independant"...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

Gas went up 15cents here this morning GO FIGURE!!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

You don't actually think the higher prices we are paying for gasoline are tied directly to the cost of oil as traded as a commodity do you? If you do then big oil has you right where they want you , helpless, naieve and misinformed and perfectly brainwashed!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Banned

"Tea Party Democrat" ROFL Not even a Blue Dog Dem would have anything to do with the Teabag party. Even John Boner hates them, he can't get anything done in the House unless he sucks their cawks.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered

gas here is 3.39 today, looks like it has leveled out, been steadily dropping about 3 cents every 3-4 days for the past month
Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
"Tea Party Democrat" ROFL Not even a Blue Dog Dem would have anything to do with the Teabag party. Even John Boner hates them, he can't get anything done in the House unless he sucks their cawks.
if your buying into the media's spin on the tea party...go roll another one and put your obama 12 pin on. you've probably already got one
they were elected to do just what they are doing...putting a wrench in the establishment politicians cr@p.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink tHEY HAVE US THINKING AND TALKING LIKE WE CAN'T TELL A TREE FROM A ROCK

If you as most people in the USA who have to or want to buy gas for transportation or recreation with tight shrinking budgets hopefully can understand is that stupid ineffective politics and government assistance in manipulating this commodities pricing its not politics that is really DRIVING THIS TRAIN, its a much more greedy sinister power base of traders and BIG oil comapnaies who are at the the throttles and drving this train of our econmy and as I and others say all the time on this TRAIN trip ,"watch that curve ahead" this TRAIN can jump the tracks and crash our economy and future in what will be one of the biggets TRAIN WRECKS of all time.

Just ask yourself one question and then try to answer that question with some logic. If the price of oil as traded spikes up $10-$15 dollars a barrel in one week or so and the price of gasoline spikes up in that same persiod by $1.00 a gallon or so and then the price of oil drops as it has $10 or so a barrel in a week or so as it has and the price of gasoline only comes down a few cents a week. Are politics or government at that point responsible for that inequity in the prices? Or is it just the oil and gas industry taking advantage of the consumers and users for huge dailey billion dollar profits from a monopoly controlled product and market?
Lets put the mark on the root villians here and not just let this economic danger get lost in the argument over politics.

Could our government do a better job of not supporting this type of market and price manipulation, YOU BET !
Doing something about it, ONLY IF WE ELECT LEADERSHIP WHO IS REALLY FOR FAIRNESS AND THE WELL BEING OF OUR GREAT NATION AND ITS PEOPLE AND ECONOMY .

"Look into the Forest and see the Trees !"

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 05-11-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.