Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I Just Love A Good Summer Wedding!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27598-i-just-love-good-summer-wedding.html)

MIdnightRider 06-28-2002 05:30 AM

I Just Love A Good Summer Wedding!!!

I have to continue my rant about how F#cking pist I am about sitting out my second weekend in a row, for my second wedding in a row. This is absolute, and total torture on me. This spring sucked, and we now turn the corner to beautiful weekends, and what will I be doing, nothing. My boat will once again be enjoying a lazy weekend on the rack, of which I am paying for. But to complain is to be selfish, well than change my name to selfish, because I am not happy right now. And I am sure that my boys will be beeping me all weekend with the play by play on the partying while I sit idle all Friday night and Satuday, and Saturday night, with my thumb up my ass. Who made weddings into a whole weekend event anyway? "Oh we can go Sunday though, oh, what a nice compramise, NOT!". Are you joking me, beer never tastes quit as good on a Sunday as is does on Friday. And you know the best things always half to happen when you not there too. Some Playboy model will probably get naked and give Pocket Change a bolster dance in Hanky Panky, of which I would normally be right there, but no, I'll be at a wedding. I see the add right now, " 4-Sale 42' Fountain- Must sell used twice last year, best offer". Midnight:mad:

BadDog 06-28-2002 06:16 AM

Midnight,
I have your solution! Hire a body double for the wedding, they can go in your place. Wait! better yet I will be your double and take your Foutain out for you. Of course you will need to gas it up and stock the cooler. A full report of the weekend will be included at no charge.

Tim T.

Indy 06-28-2002 06:26 AM

I feel your pain...got into that wedding rut not too long ago. Weddings are tough to take sometimes. Call me sour grapes too if you want. Same ol' BS, ie; travel, service, reception, introduction, garter belt, first dance, toast, sobbing (groom is sobbing from joy because its finally over so he doesn't have to listen to the bride yap about the wedding anymore LOL), eat, dance, good bye, travel again...ugh

nautigirl 06-28-2002 06:35 AM

That's why when I get married it's gonna be on a weeknight - won't mess up the weekend!! I really don't understand why a wedding has to take up a whole day. If you get married at like 5 or 6pm, then go to the reception, you have the morn and afternoon.

If you're worried about your boat not getting any use - give me a call; Scott and I can take her out for ya free of charge!!!:D :p :D

MIdnightRider 06-28-2002 06:37 AM

cpqtim- Just Gas and Beer? That's gettin off light when you have a couple of the friends I have!:D Midnight

Audiofn 06-28-2002 08:26 AM

I have some weddings I was sapposed to be going to and I just told them you better not have them in the summer or I WILL NOT BE THERE!!!! Unless it rains of course. Anyhow they all moved them to after the summer as I think I was not the only one.

Jon

eyezlee 06-28-2002 09:23 AM

Yep it sucks. I have a wedding to attend TODAY at 3:30. Then the reception tonight at 7:00. Leaving for LOTO after that. I figure we'll hit Osage Beach about 2:30 - 3:00 AM'ish. :rolleyes: Its a 4.5 hour drvie from here. So not only do I get a late start, I can't even drink at the reception since I'll be driving all night.

CigDaze 06-28-2002 09:24 AM

I hate weddings....

I feel your pain.

Ted G 06-28-2002 09:41 AM

What I love is the really pretentious one's that decide to have it on a holiday weekend:mad: Yeah, let's bag Memorial Day weekend to go to your pals wedding. Hey , July 4th makes it a 4 day weekend this year, let's get married on that Saturday:rolleyes:

rainmn 06-28-2002 09:47 AM

I know the pain. Two years ago, I was in the wedding rut. Went to 12 weddings in one year, and was in at least 3 or 4 of them. More than half of them were in the summer, including one ever-so-thoughtful one on Memorial Day weekend.
One per year is my new limit. First come, first serve.