Notices

How many have kids

Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many have kids

And what do you do to keep them enterained on the water? I have a 16 year old and a 3 year old, my kids both love the water but I see some kids that are bored after 5 minutes how do you keep them occupied? I have seen people pack up and head home just to please their kids after they just got to there destination. I hope I never need to face this situation.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a 10 year old daughter and take her out on the boat every chance we get (2-3 times a week). We normall go to Sugar Island on the Detroit River (up in the air with the recent purchase by the govt.). There she was able to play in the sand, swim, meet new friends, etc. Oh yeah, forgot to mention she likes to go fast as well.....
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 14 yr old daughter and she loves to go out on the water. I usually let her bring a friend and control the music and she is a happy camper. They swim, eat chips and listen to music all afternoon. We usually get some tubing in and get lunch later...I never have an issue with her getting bored and wanting to head home.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

12 year old daughter has been on boat since she was two.
She can't get enough boating, she and I have been going out alone for years. Never once heard I'm bored, I hear go faster, jump that cruiser wake, or can we go to Block Island for lunch?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine are 3 and 4. They like riding in the boat, going tubing, swimming off the boat, or going to the beach area to play. They hate when we have to go home, if it was up to them we would stay forever lol
Old 05-10-2012, 06:25 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I have a son 16 and daughter 14 they have been boating since they were babies. they enjoyed it more when they were younger but as someone already said they enjoy it now if they can bring a friend to keep them company. My son also is learning to drive and that keeps him focused.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Registered

Daughter 4, Son 1 1/2... My son has been out a few times but gets cranky because it's hard for him to get around being so young, so he usually ends up in my wife's lap for a quick ride. My wife starts giving me "the look" after about 40 mph... Ugh. Not incredibly fun for her with a squirmy kid, haha. I offer to let her drive, but she doesnt want to. We live on a lake so my daughter and I usually go out alone... To the beach, park, etc. She likes the speed...60 is more her and my style. Definately looking forward till my son is a bit older and the whole family can enjoy more! Rob
Old 05-10-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered

My son is 20 now but we started taking him out on the water at 3 years old and never looked back. He actually entertained himself quite well. There we always alot of kids out on the water for him to play with. My wife and I were worried at first but it was pretty easy to manage with him.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

14yr. old daughter, 11 yr. old son. Both have been boating since they were infants.

They both love riding, they like when it's rough, they get to laugh at my wife for complaining. LOL!

Daughter never complains about anything. I'm starting to teach her to drive. Son, sometimes complains if we are sitting somewhere too long.

Lately I bring a portable dvd player and he likes that. Sometimes we fish too.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Two daughters, 9 and 11, they have both been on the water since 5 months of age, they swim, tube, and generally just love running around for a ride. Usually let them bring friends to help occupy them, but I also get them water specific toys, water mat, the tubes, and at one point even hauled around an inflatable trampoline, but that got too monotinous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.