Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Another Positive OSO Experince >

Another Positive OSO Experince

Notices

Another Positive OSO Experince

Old 06-28-2002, 11:12 AM
283CHECK

Default Another Positive OSO Experince

Long story short, blew motor went 3 rounds with engine builder that didn't know squat about marine motors but said he could do it. I was lucky got my money back. I had been working with Gordo and Bruce to try and strighten up first problem motor, called Bruce up he didn't have anything for me, Gordo made a few calls and pointed me toward Lake Shores Marina in Sunrise Beach MO at LOTO.

Picked her up lastnight after a quick test run all I can say is WOW, Jason and Joel at Lake Shores did a great job. Motor runs strong and the attention to their work is great. As far as I know everything in the engine compartment was stock, and they improved it!! Now we just need to finish the install of the new interior, and try and fix the port side silent choice and we'll be boating again.

This has been a very long and drawn out ordeal and now we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.. If all goes well this evening, this weekend will be spent on the water in OUR boat!

Thanks to Gordo, Bruce, the Guys at Lake Shores and all of our boating friends for letting us be "Boat Whores" while our boat was a "Trailer Queen". Mickey and Christine, Les and Ronnie, Pat and Tara, Gordo and H2OCowgirls. Guys we apperciate it ALOT!!

Bring on the Sun and Fun!!!

Old 06-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrat's guy's!! I know you two have been going through withdrawl without your boat!! I hope to see ya at the lake on Sunday if I don't go to Omaha to look at a boat with a buddy of mine!!
Old 06-28-2002, 11:24 AM
283CHECK

Default Brad

I honked when we came through Bonner lastnight but didn't see ya look out. We worked on the boat til 1am got all but the starboard bolster back in and the engine hatch still needs to be put on, what cha up to tonight I'm pumped and we should be out on Sunday!!

Old 06-28-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

That's great news!!!! I was wondering about you this morning, wether or not you got your boat. I will be at Lake Perry tommorrow but not Sunday, gotta save lives and property (and drive by pools and look at hotties).

I'll look for you incase you get out then.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:55 PM
283CHECK

Talking We'll be there

Plan on tryin to get out there tonight!!

Old 06-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

Biggus and Audio found out what accomadating people they are at Lake Shores earlier this year too.

Its nice to know that there are folks like that in the world. Dave at Wilbus is like that too.
Old 06-28-2002, 03:05 PM
283CHECK

Kevin-
What did Biggus have done? I know that KCHOTBOAT has worked with them before and has good things to say. When we dropped the boat off for the work they had a cig. that they was adjusting the carbs on, they did the install last year and was finishing up some stuff for the customer. I nosed around it and liked what I seen. So I wasn't really supprised when I got ours back. They have a sweet scarab in the shop right now putting in a couple of whippled motors into it

Old 06-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Those guys at Lakeshore were amazing!!! Biggus bought a boat from a customer of theirs. We trailered all the way out there from MA and got there late that evening. We hooked up with the owners of Lakeshore and the boat and took a quick look but all we could think about was getting over to Kevin and Amy's house for a nap. We mentioned to them that the trailer needed wheel bearings done so we were going to take care of that in the morning. The next morning the boat is in the water, the Trailer is in the shop, and ALL the tools are layed out for us on the floor with a pile of rags and bearing grease. We were amazed to say the least!! Then Kurt and I went out on the water and ran into Later and we went over to the Horney Toad and did not get back until after close. Well we start to pull the boat out and they come down and help us for a couple hours getting the boat situated on the trailer. They are a great group of guys and hopefully they will get found out because they deserve to be!!!

Jon