Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
May possibly live on a boat for a few years... >

May possibly live on a boat for a few years...

Notices

May possibly live on a boat for a few years...

Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think you would want some other type of boat . A cruiser type is un comfortable crawling around. You need a boat with doors you can walk through without bending over.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
I would do a bit more thinking on this one. JMO, Getting a divorce you may not be in the right frame of mind? and you definitely don't want to jeopardize your career, as it sounds like a good one. Good Luck. Take it slow and do some rational thinking.

Re-ck his first post

Originally Posted by chris@uga
........Thanks a lot. I'm looking to start traveling in about 4 months once I have 2 years experience and will patiently look for the right boat around that time.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

The companies I contract with aren't going to care if I'm coming from the moon each day as long as I show up on time, treat my patients, finish my documentation, and most importantly get my billing done.

I really don't see how this can hurt a career and I've had this idea since I was a student and first learned of traveling therapy.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Registered

Go for it!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
Hard enough to stay on a 40ss for a weekend little alone years. Maybe if you had a 46 searay where u have a little room you could do it for a while, they have washer dryer etc.
That is exactly what I was going to recomend, a Sea Ray at least a 40' Sedan, not a Sun Dancer. I had a 40' Sundancer, great week end boat, but wouldn't work for a live aboard. Not enough storage room. Be sure to get a twin Diesel. Gas is less money, but not near as good.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Registered

I would rather live on a sailboat than a powerboat. And I would want 45'+
Old 05-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you should do it. If I were going to do it I would choose either a 52 sea ray or a 52 cruisers express. The cruisers is incredibly large down below for its size and being an express. Otherwise a 50 marquis is a pretty sweet deal.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Default Downtown42 is my hero!!!

I am so impressed that Downtown42 lived on a 30' aft for 8 months with his wife and dog. I was on a 34' aft alone and every few days it shrunk another 6", or seemed to.

I know, 4' doesn't sound like much, but on a boat it can be huge!

For the most part if the title says Sport, fish anything and there are a few other "tags" you likely would not be happy with as a full timer live-a-board. One of the best boats I passed on and have sort of kicked myself in the tail ever since was a late 70's Bayliner. I think it was 46' +/- diesel. The salon was very roomy and the stateroom, while cozy, had as much room as you are going to get on any boat short of a houseboat. One of the nicest things were the classic lines and the quarts per hour fuel use instead of gallons per hour gas use.

I am sure three will be posts on here dogging me about a Bayliner, but that shows they don't understand the old, big Liners were extrememly well built, etremely well engineered and extremely well designed.

I glanced at this site and there are many interesting boats on it and many styles. For a general rule of thumb, the more it looks like a Clorox bottle, the more wasted space there is. www.gregoryboat.com/Boats.aspx
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Go for it, u only live once!!! MAYBE A BIG HOUSEBOAT THO.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

many different dissenting points of view. go look at them all. they are easy to buy (considering you have necessary funds) and difficult to sell. another thought is a motor home. or pickup with camper trailer. you can try the vagabond lifestyle, and tow a boat place to place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.